|“||My dream used to be go to music school. But my dream has changed. And that's making music with my friends!||”|
Austin completes his first record and to celebrate its release, Jimmy Starr plans a big party. With the help of the rest of team Austin, Ally gets accepted to a music school and is so excited that Austin, Dez, and Trish sent in an application on her behalf. But little did Trish, Dez, and Austin knows this great school is in New York, forcing Ally to decide if she wants to move and leave her friends behind.
- Ross Lynch as Austin Moon
- Laura Marano as Ally Dawson
- Raini Rodriguez as Trish De la Rosa
- Calum Worthy as Dez Wade
- John O'Brien as Mr. Neidermeyer
Ally: You're really going to give away a year's worth of music lessons?
Lester: Of course not. No one's ever going to be able to tell how many jellybeans are in the jar.
Austin: You know what? We're going to help Ally get into that school. I'm not letting her give up on her dream. I wouldn't even be putting out an album if it wasn't for her.
Trish: And I wouldn't be managing a guy putting out an album if it wasn't for her.
Dez: And I wouldn't have eaten 18,118 jellybeans if it wasn't for her. ...I probably would have.
Trish: Let me see that. Pickles isn't a hobby, and I'm pretty sure her favorite subject isn't smart stuff.
Austin: [gestures to Dez] It's lame stuff, right?
Dez: Hey Ally, would you teach me how to kiss?
Dez: What is the opposite of me?
Dez: No, the other opposite of me.
Ally: I'm a much better piano player than you.
Talent Scout: Well, you've certainly gotten very modest since the last time we met.
Austin: You all deserve half. You deserve half, Ally definitely deserves half, Trish deserves half, and Dez deserves half.
Jimmy: That is way too many halves.
Lester: They think MUNY- Music University of New York- is in Miami?
Nelson: Practice on me. You'll feel better.
Ally: Okay. Austin, Trish, Dez, I have to move to New York and I won't see you guys for a long time.
Nelson: [gasps] You're leaving? But you're my favorite piano teacher! How could you do this to me?!?!?! Nooooooooo!!!! [runs out of the store]
Ally: [singing] I'm leaving for school. I'm going far away. Your career's about to start; I'm sad that I have to depart.
Austin: Wow. Kind of a downer.
Dez: Can I be honest? Not your best work.
Dez: Come on. MUNY? Music University of New York.
Austin: You knew?
Dez: I'm not stupid.
Dez: Guys, we have to put ourselves in Ally's shoes. I mean, she's probably feeling betrayed because she has a shot at making her music dreams come true, and we aren't being supportive.
Trish: She's the one leaving!
Dez: I know you're mad. But, that's just misplaced anger masking the hurt you're feeling over losing your best friend. If we really care about Ally Dawson, we need to put away those feelings, so that she can soar. [makes dove sign]
Austin: Ally, I'm sorry for the way I behaved, but... I'm happy for you. And I'm really going to miss you.
Trish: And I'm sorry too. Dez made me realize that I was just upset about you leaving.
Ally: Dez made you realize something?
Austin: Alright dude, I've signed like a hundred of these. This is the last one. Is there anyone else you want to make it out to?
Dez: Well, I do have a little cousin who just broke his arm. He could really use some cheering up. Could you sign this CD for him?
Austin: Of course, what's his name?
Nelson: Good news Ally! I'm coming to New York with you! Trish, mail me!
Ally: That's sweet, Nelson, but... I'm not leaving! I'm staying here in Miami.
Trish: And I don't work at Mailboxes and So Forth anymore. I got fired for reading the mail. And so forth.
Ally: We're gonna be living the dream.
Lester: Honey, um, before you lock up, could you please clean the bathroom?
Ally: Yup, we're living the dream.
- This episode is the Season 1 finale.
- The plot of this episode is similar to the plot of Model It Up, an episode of Shake It Up!.
- The music school and talent scout mentioned and seen in Filmmaking & Fear Breaking returns.
- Laura stated in an interview about the episode that she has been in a similar situation that Ally was in.
- This is the second time Austin sang an acoustic version of a song. The first time was Not a Love Song in MyTAB & My Pet.
- This episode title refers to Austin's release of his new album, and Trish, Dez, and Austin setting up an audition for Ally.
- This episode was ranked #3 in Disney Channel Australia's "Fanpicked Austin & Ally Countdown".
- Trish reveals that she already knew the source of Ally's stage fright.
- In this episode, Ally sings in front of someone other than Austin.
- This is the first time when it's shown flashbacks from previous episodes.
- Dez reveals that Ally's birthday is in February, but in Dancers & Ditzes Ally said November 29 was her birthday which is also her actor's birthday.
- Austin said he never knew the music school was in New York, but in Filmmaking & Fear Breaking, when Ally had explained why she got stage fright, she mentioned the music school, and about it being in New York. He could not have thought it was a different school when he questioned Ally, asking "Wasn't it your dream going to that school?". It is possible that he forgot.
- When Austin was filling out Ally's MUNY application, if you look closely, the pen never touched the paper.
- Dez said that he ate all of the jellybeans. However, there was a jellybean sitting on the counter behind him and some jellybeans fell on the floor, so he might've exaggerated and didn't eat all of them.
To view the Albums & Auditions transcript, click here.