|“||I conquered my stage fright!||”|
— Ally in Chapters & Choices
Ally-Gator (by Miss Suzy)
|Date of Birth||
February 21, 1996 (age 18)
Brown (Season 1)
Ally Dawson is a kind, smart and talented 18-year-old girl. She is an aspiring singer/songwriter who used to have severe stage fright. She wrote the hit song, Double Take, which Austin accidentally stole and performed in the episode Rockers & Writers, which made him famous. After that, Ally forgives him and they become partners. Ally is best friends with Trish, Austin, and also Dez. Her parents are Lester and Penny Dawson. She has always had a passion for music and feels that there's no better way to express what you're feeling. Over the two seasons, she becomes more confident and in the episode Chapters & Choices, she conquers her stage fright and sings with Austin. She's a sweet girl and always tries her best to not hurt anyone's feelings. She always tries her best at everything, even when she is scared or frightened.
Ally is portrayed by Laura Marano.
Ally is shown to be awkward, optimistic, compassionate, romantic and very friendly. In the first season, she's introduced as a shy, dorky girl with incredible talent, but no confidence to push her enough to show it. Her hobbies include cloud watching, practicing calligraphy, basket weaving and watching old historical movies. Still, she has a fire in her seeing as she displays traits of perfectionism and has a competitive nature. As season 2 came, she's shown to be more confident with herself, soon shedding her stage fright and becoming more comfortable on stage and performing. She's grown to be more effervescent, stylish, self assured and opinionated. She refuses to let emotions get the better of her and has a more on-task nature.
AppearanceAlly is shown to be a pretty teenage girl with large brown eyes, pale skin and wavy, chestnut hair. In Season 2, she has ombre hair, meaning it gets lighter going down from her roots, starting at her natural brown and ending in a blonde. As time goes on, her hair grows from shoulder length to arm pit length. She has a small, petite frame and usually wears high shoes to mask that. In Season 1, her style is more bohemian, with her wearing delicate dresses, lots of lace and modest colors or floral patterns. As for accessories, Ally wore lots of vintage jewelry, like, a pendant or a long beaded necklace. She usually wore heeled boots with lace socks. She often layered her outfits with cardigans and vests.
In Season 2, her style is more extroverted and a complete change from her previous choices in clothing. Her clothes are more girly, tight fitting and sassy, with a lot of neon colors. She wears a lot of bold tops with neon colored pants and short, tight skirts. For the shoes, she always seems to be wearing colorful wedged sandals. She also still layers her clothing with loose tops over dress or colorful jean jackets or vests over a tank top.
In Season 3, her hair is seen to be a lighter brown. She wears more cardigans with her tops. She still wears the same kind of outfits.
Ally writes a song which Austin takes and records a music video without realizing it was hers. After the music video becomes a hit online, Trish convinces Ally to tell the world she wrote the song, despite being scared in front of a large crowd. Austin apologizes to her and then Austin convinces Ally to help him out with writing a new song. He gives her credit for both songs and they make a deal to become partners together. Ally embarrasses herself by destroying the set of the Helen Show. The video of her doing so bumps down Austin video to #2 and making hers #1.
Ally is pressured to quickly write another song for Austin, since it's been over a month since she wrote his last one because she has so many things going on like work and book club. She scribbles down Austin's song lyrics in illegible handwriting prompting and Dez starts gathering weird props for the music video which they think correspond to her lyrics.
Ally loses her songwriting book, which is also her top-secret diary. She and Trish search the mall looking for it, unaware that Austin and Dez have already found it and read it, revealing that Ally has a secret crush and leads both the boys to think it is Austin. Dez tells Ally and Trish that they read her book so the girls plan revenge. Ally later reveals that her crush is actually a boy named Dallas, and her and Austin's misunderstanding is cleared.
Ally wrote a song in which she thinks is the best song ever for Austin. Austin doesn't like it so they decided to hang out to get to know each other better. Ally doesn't like horror movies and prefers to go cloud watching and other weird activities. At the end Ally learned how to have a little fun and she wrote another song for Austin.
A hater known as Miami H8ter girl is blogging bad and embarrassing stuff about Austin. The H8ter Girl is revealed to be Tilly Thompson who wanted to ruin Ally's career by ruining Austin's because she hated Ally for having her song in a play instead of hers. Tilly makes Ally sing The Butterfly Song, in front of many people. Ally had stage fright, but Austin sings it for her instead so that she doesn't have to embarrass herself in front of an audience.Shiney Money, Team Austin gets excited but after they realize that there is only one ticket, everyone starts fighting for it including Ally even though she said it was totally his choice. Austin said yes to Ally because she talks too much. Ally, Trish and Dez decided to apologize to Austin so they went to the Award show, which puts Ally on stage.
A manager wanted to replace the whole gang with professional artists, Team Austin is disappointed but Ally was happy for him. She wrote another song for him telling Demonica that Austin doesn't need her to have his dreams come true.
When Trish had a quinceañera, Ally decided it was the perfect time to ask Dallas to dance. He said no because he can't dance and she became sad and disappointed. Austin then cancelled his performance to dance with Ally. But when Dallas sees her dancing with Austin, he regrets what he did and they show each other their weird dances.
Ally writes a song for herself, You Don't See Me. The song expresses the pain of the anonymity Ally feels. Austin hears the song and plays it for Miami when he's on the radio with Miami Mack. When Miami Mack wants Austin to bring Ally to sing her song the next day, Ally panics. Trish pretends to be Ally and lip sings to You Don't See Me. Everyone falls for it which is weird since Ally is on magazines with Austin and embarrassed herself on the Helen Show.
Ally's crush on Dallas grows stronger. She often doesn't know what she is saying when she is around him, which causes her to accidentally tell him she'll mow his lawn for him. Later, when Dallas tells her he hates his job. Ally says "You should work here (Sonic Boom)". Dallas misinterprets this and thinks it means he is hired at Sonic Boom. Dallas turns out to be a terrible employee and Ally realizes she has to fire him for 3 reasons:
- He is a terrible employee.
- Her dad tells her they can't afford a new employee. Trish helps Ally find a way to fire him.
- He can't go back to the job he quit because Trish already got hired.
In the end, Dallas ends up quitting, and she does not have to fire her crush, even though Trish makes a big show out of doing so.
Ally, Trish, and Dez help Austin get ready for the Hot Summer Jam Contest on the beach, where he could win a chance to have his song played on the radio. Ally tries to put her previous, unpleasant beach-going experiences behind her. It is revealed in this episode that she and her father often went to the boardwalk and got ice cream when she was little. It is also revealed that her favorite ice cream is Fruity Mint Swirl. In the end of the episode, Ally writes the song, Heard It on the Radio, for Austin.
Ally finally gets a Tweeter account but has a problem writing good twits. Ally reunites with one of her favorite elementary school teachers, Miss Suzy, at her soup shop in the mall, Suzy's Soups. Ally thinks of this as a chance to finally get a gold star from Miss Suzy. When Ally tweets a picture of a spider in her soup at Suzy's Soups as an attempt to get more followers, Miss Suzy loses many customers. To make up for it and get a gold star, Ally tries to make a commercial with Austin, Trish, and Dez for Suzy's Soups. She ends up going way overboard. The commercial helps bring back customers and Miss Suzy tells Ally she only gave gold stars to the kids who needed extra motivation and Ally was so smart and talented that she didn't need that. Even though this makes Ally feel better, she still wants gold stars and by the end, she is covered in them.
A mall thief has been robbing all of the stories in the mall. It is revealed in this episode that Ally is president of the Mall Association. Ally tries to catch the thief after he steals a guitar from Sonic Boom. When Ally and Trish check the security cameras, they see that Austin "stole" the guitar. After confronting Austin, Austin tells her he just went to get it autographed by Bruno Mars because, he felt bad for missing her scheduled meetings. But, Trish already turned him in so she could get the rewards. So now, Ally, Trish, Dez, and Austin must all work together to clear Austin's name. In the end of the episode, Austin catches the thief and they find out it was the mall delivery man.
Ally leaves her pet parakeet, Owen, with Austin, Dez, and Trish while she waits in line for the new myTAB, but they accidentally let Owen escape. Everyone except Ally creates a plan to get Owen back but it backfired. At the end Ally got a myTAB but Mindy took it away. Owen exposed everything that happened.
Dez films his first movie called Claws (Dun Dun Dun) and the whole gang jumps in to help. Austin gets the starring role, Trish gets to plays a lot of characters, and Ally offers to help out with the props because she has stage fright. However when it's Austin's turn for his big scene, something triggers a childhood fear of umbrellas and that causes Austin to panic and quit doing Dez's movie. The cause of Ally's stage fright to revealed to Austin.
Ally, Austin and Dez all go to the newest diner, where the employees have to sing to the customers. Trish gets a job there, and where Austin gets a crush on one of the waitresses, Cassidy. However, Cassidy turns him down, and Ally tries to help Austin express his feelings for her by writing her a song. Austin tries to describe what he's feeling so she can write lyrics, however, Ally cannot find good lyrics, and goes to Austin for help. He mistakenly sings Cassidy the awful song, and blames Ally for it. They end up arguing while singing, Ally not believing he would accuse her like that, and leaves, leaving Austin feeling bad. He finds her in the music room later, and they make up by "dancing it out" in a goofy fashion, and finishing the song for Cassidy.
When Team Austin was invited to Shiny Money's Party in the Everglades, the whole gang was very excited because it was their first vacation together. Ally tried to write a song with Austin but constantly got interrupted by Trish and Dez. Because Trish plugged too many things into the outlets, the power went out and Austin and Ally couldn't play the keyboard to finish their song. Later, they see Big Mama attack the boathouse. The boathouse sank because of Dez, however Austin still got to perform and Team Austin dances along to it.
When Austin might gets the chance to earn a record deal from Jimmy Starr, they work very hard to make an impression, but when Ally overworks Austin, he suddenly can't hit the high notes. Ally tries to cheer up Austin, but it doesn't work as well as she wanted it to. Since she felt bad, Dez and Ally get Austin presents (she got him a scarf with "Austin, Ally, Trish, Dez" on it). Ally also made Austin soup, which she accidentally spilled all over Austin. She later dances when Austin sings and his voice - after surgery - turns out to be fine.
In this episode, Ally's friends, Austin, Trish, and Dez create an audition tape so Ally can get into the music school seen in Filmmaking & Fear Breaking. She passes the audition - only for her friends to realize that the music school is in New York. Austin's album release party is also a going-away party for Ally. When Austin sings an acoustic version of Can't Do It Without You, and a video of Team Austin's (Mostly Auslly moments) memories from the past is shown, Ally decides she wants to stay in Miami because she realizes her dream all along was to make music with her friends.Don't Look Down for Austin to perform at a Halloween party. Ally goes to lunch with Jimmy, where they discuss that Austin will perform the song at the Halloween party with Taylor Swift. She tries to impress a guy named Ethan, whom she saw at the costume store and the Halloween party Ally and her friends go to. Ally pretends to 'borrow' Jimmy's phone to delete a mean text message that Austin sent to him by accident. Ally and Taylor wear the same costume at the party. When Trish and Dez accidentally knock out Taylor, Ally pretends to be Taylor and performs the duet with Austin, without her stage fright getting to her. Dez suggests that Austin and Ally sing together from now on since Ally didn't have stage fright, but Ally doesn't know if she can, for she thought she could only do it because she was pretending to be someone else.
In this episode, when Ally sees Trish and Dez hugging at their lockers, she thinks that they are secretly dating each other. Back at Sonic Boom, Ally confronts Trish about dating Dez. However, Trish tells Ally she is dating Trent, Austin's new backup dancer. Later when Ally sees Trent with another girl, Ally is faced with the difficult decision of telling Trish the truth. Back at the gang's practice, Ally video chats with her mom about whether to tell Trish or not. In this episode, Ally's mom was also featured through video chat.
Throughout the episode, Ally consistently tells Austin that he doesn't need to lie to make himself look good; "just being yourself is enough.". However, once the last event of Austin's fabricated life is done and Meagan Simms declares that she thinks Ally writes amazing songs, Meagan asks Ally how she came up with it. Ally starts to tell the truth, but when Meagan declares that it's boring, she quickly lies, saying that she bungee-jumped off of the tallest bridge in Miami. Once up there, Austin and her jump down together, and all the exaggerations are over.
Ally is visited by Nelson and the rest of his music class, including their music teacher at Sonic Boom. Nelson asks Ally if they can borrow the instruments since the music class's instruments got ruined, and Ally grudgingly says no after her dad tells her that they can't afford to let them borrow the instruments. Nelson and the rest of the class sigh and walk out, and Ally, feeling guilty, tells them to stop, saying that they can use all the instruments. Misinterpreting this, Nelson thinks that Ally said that they could take all the instruments for free, so all the students take the instruments.
After accidentally getting rid of all the instruments, Ally and the rest of Team Austin brainstorm ways to get the money to get all the instruments back before finally thinking of hosting a fundraiser. They then decide that Austin performing will be their main act, but when Austin's bad grades cause him to get grounded to study, he sneaks out to perform, thus earning the required money Ally needed. Unfortunately for Team Austin, Nelson's music teacher thinks that Ally raised the money for HER and thanks her, running off with the money. Due to this, Ally gets in trouble for the first time, and her punishment is not being allowed to read any books for a week.
Note that even though Ally has stage fright, she got up on the stage and spoke to the audience and camera multiple times. This could possibly be because her stage fright has gone away. Also, she wasn't all freaked out when she was featured in Cheetah Beat.
She helps get revenge on Trent (Trish's ex-boyfriend), who deliberately steals one of the songs she was working on with Austin, although her efforts to do so get mixed reactions from the rest of Team Austin, who are quite surprised to find her just as eager to pay him back, until she suggests sticking a "Kick Me" sign on his back. At the ending, She says that she will get her revenge doubtful, Trish, Dez, and Austin walk out with Ally's "Kick Me" signs on their backs and gets her revenge.
In this episode, Ally does multiple actions. She tries to get Trish to tell Austin that he wasn't truly booked at Times Square instead of having someone else tell the news for Trish. She also ends up sitting with Austin on the plane when she and the little boy that thought Austin was an impostor switched seats. She's proud of Austin when he performs and accomplishes his life-long dream; she's reduced to tears by the performance, and the tears freeze over, much to the confusion of the rest of Team Austin.
Austin needs to film his music video with Jimmy's daughter, Kira and she has bad breath. Ally is trapped in the giant hamster ball with Kira, Austin get stuck with her for an hour on the Ferris wheel. Also, she tries to protect Kira's feelings by not telling her about her bad breath.
Ally helps Austin on his date with Kira, she later reveals to Trish that she has developed a crush on him. Trish advises Ally to tell Austin about how she feels but chooses not to tell him, worrying it will ruin their friendship and partnership. Ally is crushed when he leaves with Kira, but wants him to be happy all the same. And it's hard for Ally to tell her feelings. She doesn't want to tell Austin her feelings out of fear that she'd ruin their partnership and his career. She reads the flowers that Austin sent reading "There's no way I can make it without you" and sadly goes up to the practice room.
Ally's old crush and camp friend Elliot comes into town, making Austin jealous of their budding relationship. She first finds it exciting that her first crush and friend as arrived but quickly get bored because all they talk about is camp and don't really have anything in common. After some sport activities between Austin and Elliot, Ally realizes that Austin likes her because of his jealous acts. She meets Austin in the music room, while working on a song, they have a moment (their hands touch on the piano) they almost kiss but Ally stops the kiss by showing Austin how the chorus of the song should go.
Ally and Austin both try to hide their feelings for each other, but are both caught up in awkward moments where they are found staring at each other. Ally tells Trish that she's not going to wait for Austin to decide who he want to be with. Ally's mother makes her second appearance and Austin and Ally try to help Ally get over her stage fright by getting Ally and Austin to sing a duet at Ally's mother, Penny Dawson's book release party. Ally overhears Austin and Dez's conversation about why Austin and Ally should not go out, leaving her upset but later feels okay about it. After they perform, Austin admits that he could do anything with Ally and they share their very first kiss. Unfortunately, Kira ruins the moment by telling Austin that she'll be his girlfriend, leaving Ally heartbroken.
Ally, still upset with Austin, decides not to think about him and tries to focus on herself and her own career. She starts "Team Ally" with Trish as her manager. Austin still wants to prove his feelings for her, but she remains unconvinced that he truly cares about her and is over Kira. It was revealed in this episode that Austin was her first kiss. They start dating in this episode after Austin serenaded her with a song that was originally written by her.Team Austin to be truly convinced that the typewriter is magic. She gets a wagon full of books as a gift from Dez and the typewriter. She and Austin were, in a way, guarding the typewriter while they were afraid that Chuck would steal the typewriter. After Chuck steals the typewriter, Ally's affected in several ways. First, her hair turns purple. Later on, she switches bodies with Trish, and then with Dez. She's next affected when Chuck uses the typewriter to make her fall in love with him. Then, she's turned into Abraham Lincoln while giving the speech for her dad. Trish currently works, with Trish after Austin assures her that her dress and necklace will be picked up. At the spa, many bad things befall her: she drinks massage oil, her feet are burnt with hot stones, her hair becomes extremely puffy, her teeth turn green, her face becomes pink, and her hands become stuck to what is meant to be a relaxing wax. She and Trish eventually leave the spa and head to the Chili Cook-Off, where she learns and is devastated to hear that her necklace has been lost in the chili. She ends up getting it back at the end of the episode, however.
Ally is first excited at getting a part in a showcase, but when everything goes horribly wrong with Ally and the "Stray Kitties", Ally wants to get out of her contract, but the manager won't let her leave the band, so she needs her friends' help.Jimmy asks for her to sell her song, I'm Finally Me, to Kira. She refuses and is sad that she didn't receive a record deal; thankfully, Austin and Trish cheer her up. When they visit Jimmy's new recording studio the next day, she is the last to play with the studio; Austin and Trish had played with it before her. She, Austin and Dez go to the yoga studio in an attempt to get Kira to sing her song, Elevator Doors, again so they can attach that singing to the music. When that doesn't work and Austin is dropped from the label, she is willing to sell her song to Kira so that Austin can get signed again. Kira has a change of heart and says that only Ally could sing the song; she then gets to sing I'm Finally Me at Kira's gig. Afterwards, Jimmy offers Ally a record deal as well as re-signing Austin. The Ally Way so Ally can show her moves and get chances to win because the song goes with her moves. At the end Ally wins the contest because she made those moves fit in one song. Val, who tries to persuade them to write a hit song for her band, Stray Kitties. They decline. Ally, with the use of sports analogies that don't quite work, manages to persuade Austin to write the lyrics to his new single--later called Steal Your Heart--and tells him to write it about someone that he cares about. Due to Austin and Ally rejecting her request, Val comes back and sues Austin for stealing Steal Your Heart. At the end of the episode, it is confirmed that Austin wrote the song about Ally, which leads to Austin and Ally admiting they still have feelings for each other.
In this episode, Ally does not have too much to do. She tries to convince Austin to write a new song the traditional way, as opposed to the shortcut way with the Tune Pro. In Austin's dream about the future, however, Austin has to teach Ally how to write songs the traditional way, as Future Ally only knows how to use a Tune Pro to write songs.
In this episode, Ally tries to get herself a job writing for the school newspaper. She also advises Austin not to give up on playing basketball even after Jimmy tells him to quit. At the end, she ends up getting her article on the front page.Austin. For most of the episode, she finds it hard to walk in them, and makes Austin carry her around the mall so she can still do certain things, like go to lunch with Austin, or visit the grand opening of Trish's kiosk (her gift from Austin). Eventually, in the middle of the episode, Dez drives off in his car (his gift from Austin) with Jackson Lowe, with the shoes on the back. They topple over onto the floor and shatter. Ally also meets Jackson Lowe, Austin's old hero, and helps Austin to bring him back to stardom. She writes a song for Austin and dedicates it to Jackson, who also performs with Austin at the concert.
Upon finding out that Didi's boyfriend is Chuck, Ally ends up supporting the couple despite an endless feud between the two families. But, Ally gets mad when Austin and Dez made Chuck and Didi break up. She helps Austin, Trish, Didi, and Dez's parents get Dez and Chuck to be friends and end the feud.
Ally, alongside Austin, is one of the celebrity judges on America's Top Talent. She thinks one of the contestants, Lucy reminds her of her old self, as she's shy and insecure. Ally decides to take her under her wing to "train" her so she's more successful. She and Austin work together to make the girl a top contender.The Me That You Don't See, Mr. Ramone is impressed with her performance and offers her a record deal. The only thing is, she has to choose from the record deal and going on Austin's tour. In the end, Ally ends up staying in Miami to record her album, and says goodbye to her friends before they leave. Though, Austin gives her a card and note before he finally left too.
While Austin is out getting breakfast burritos, Ally along with Trish and Dez imagine what their life would be like without him. This includes Ally giving up her dream of being a singer-songwriter, turning the practice room into a chemistry lab, and losing Trish as her best friend. Overall, she concludes with Trish and Dez that their lives would've been terrible without Austin around.
Ally starts being Kira's best friend making Trish become mad. Ally starts hanging out with Kira a lot. When Ally and Kira wear the same swimsuit, they say "Twinsies!"
Ally helps the rest of Team Austin with the Kids' Club Christmas Party, and the Austin Moon dolls. She also performs a duet with Austin for the Club called "I Love Christmas".
Partner/Best Friend/Ex-Boyfriend/Still In Love With
- Main article: Auslly
Best Friend/Practically Sisters/Manager
- Main article: Trally
Best Freckled Friend
- Main article: Delly
Ally and Dez don't show too much interaction even though they hang out, maybe due to Austin being both their friends. Dez gives Ally a ham in Rockers & Writers and he has the idea to read Ally's diary in Secrets & Songbooks. In Soups & Stars, Dez tells Ally that he is her BFF, "Best Freckled Friend." Dez usually helps out Ally in her times of needs but he ends up messing things up even more. Sometimes he teases Ally about being uncool and having nerdy/lame interests. He's always using the instruments in the Sonic Boom unconventionally, annoying Ally. Dez sometimes unintentionally says things that insult or hurt Ally's feelings, but they are still good friends. In Freaky Friday & Fiction, Ally gets trapped in Dez's body. Ally keeps saying she'll explain to Dez their plan in Austin & Alias.
Main artice: Kally
Kira and Ally became good friends when they first met in Ferris Wheels & Funky Breath. They became closer as the season continued. In the Season 3 episode "Beach Clubs & BFF's", it's revealed that they met up before Ally joined Austin, Trish and Dez on tour and have a lot in common and become best friends.
- Main article: Dally
Dallas was Ally's crush. He has been her crush since the episode, Secrets & Songbooks. Dallas has only appeared in 3 episodes so far. It is unknown if he comes back. It is unlikely since there has not been much talk about him lately and probably doesn't like Dallas anymore, he probably will not make anymore appearances in the show. But it is rumored that he'll make an appearance in Season 3, probably while Austin and Ally are dating.
- Main article: Elly
Elliot met Ally at camp a few years ago while weaving baskets. Ally had a crush on Elliot and so does Elliot. Elliot appeared in one episode, Campers & Complications. Elliot makes Austin jealous which makes Austin express his real feelings for Ally. Ally and Elliot has no relationship going because the only thing they have to talk about is what they did at camp.
Lester Dawson is Ally's dad. They seem to have a very close relationship, although he told Ally that there is one and a bazillion chance to get famous in music. Lester trusts Ally to run Sonic Boom without him there. When Ally was little, she and her dad often went to the boardwalk at Miami Beach and got ice cream. Ally's favorite ice cream was, and still is, Fruity Mint Swirl. Ally and her dad also share a special handshake. It is revealed that Penny and Lester are divorced.
Penny Dawson is Ally's mom. They haven't been seen interacting much on the show due to the fact that Penny lives in Africa, but they have done video chats and Ally asked Penny for advice in Backups and Breakups. Penny appears in real life in the episodes Chapters & Choices, and Partners & Parachutes. She is happy for her daughter and gives advice the best way she can. It seems that she knows Trish De La Rosa quite well, as shown in Partners & Parachutes. It is revealed that Penny and Lester are divorced.
- Though many fans believe Ally's name is short for Allyson, the writers of the series have confirmed, via Twitter, that her birth name is simply "Ally."
- She used to have a horrible stage fright, because she was afraid of failing on stage, and that she won't become a performer.
- She is part of Team Austin.
- She secretly has a fear of Trish and Dez (or Trez) getting married and wanting to live with her.
- Ally's first crush was Elliot.
- She wrote 2 songs about her relationship with Austin.
- She auditioned for a music school in New York, but before she got to play she thought the piano was going to eat her and everyone was laughing.
- She is scared of spiders and always "silent-screams" when she sees them (as shown in Everglades & Ally-Gators).
- In Albums & Auditions, we find out her birthday is in February as revealed by Dez, although the date was not revealed.
- She works at Sonic Boom, her dad's business.
- Her favorite food is pickles.
- She likes shrimp.
- Her ex-boyfriend and best friend is Austin Moon.
- She has a crush on Austin (starts in Girlfriends & Girl Friends).
- She likes cupcakes.
- She liked the Cha Cha Chicken Pot Pie served at the Melody Diner.
- She is part of a Cloud Watching Club as shown in Zaliens & Cloud Watchers.
- She isn't the best dancer.
- She is a member of a book club.
- She attended calligraphy camp.
- She has more Tweeter followers than Austin.
- She loves gavelling.
- Her best friend and manager is Trish De la Rosa.
- She prefers to color inside the lines.
- Her favorite ice cream since she was a little girl is Fruity Mint Swirl. In fact, she even once called it her "Best Friend" and said "I love you Fruity Mint Swirl!" in Songwriting & Starfish, when the trio were locked in a freezer.
- She has a songbook that she does not let anyone touch. (Last episode seen in: Beach Bums & Bling)
- She had stage fright so bad, she couldn't sing in front of stuffed animals. (Bloggers & Butterflies)
- She cleans when she's upset.
- She has a Tweeter account.
- She is president of the Mall Association.
- She admitted to having no social life.
- She has a pet cockatiel named Owen.
- She had a goose named Pickles.
- She is somewhat of a germaphobe.
- She used to chew on her hair whenever she got nervous. The last time she actually chewed her hair was in Diners & Daters.
- When she gets excited, she tends to ask a lot of questions.
- She can knit.
- When she is stressed, she has an imaginary friend she talks to named Ms. Pennyworth.
- Her dad taught her how to play the piano when she was 5.
- She started ballet when she was 4, although she is still shown to be a very bad dancer.
- For Halloween 2012, she was Galexis Nova.
- She hates it when people talk with food in their mouth.
- She hates it when people say "libary'" instead of "library"; although when Dallas says "libary", Ally thinks it's cute.
- She hates the sound that rubbing Styrofoam together makes.
- She and her father have a special handshake.
- She doesn't like the arcade or horror movies. She also dislikes the pizza parlor in Soups & Stars.
- She is a fan of Bruno Mars.
- She owned a stuffed dolphin named Dougie, but then she gave it to Austin.
- She used to wear glasses as seen in her flashback in Filmmaking & Fear Breaking.
- She auditioned for a music school in New York, and got accepted, but later gave it up to stay with her friends and family.
- She can play the piano while texting as seen in the episode Filmmaking & Fear Breaking.
- She gives instrumental lessons to Nelson.
- She loves making pro-con lists, as seen in Successes & Setbacks.
- She gives Jimmy Starr's son violin lessons in Successes & Setbacks.
- If you look closely at her phone in Soups & Stars and Filmmaking & Fear Breaking, she has a music note on it.
- During Season 1, she admitted that she only goes to one party a year, which is Back to School night.
- She talks to herself sometimes. Mostly before talking to boys, as seen in Costumes & Courage.
- She likes the word bungee as seen in Magazines & Made-Up Stuff.
- She isn't as camera shy as she was during Season 1.
- Ally's character is similar to Teddy Duncan's character in Good Luck Charlie, another Disney Channel original series. They both do things perfectly yet they both are bad dancers. They also love music.
- She loves love, just like her mom, Penny Dawson.
- She believes everyone deserves a second chance, and everyone has goodness inside of them.
- She is in the music video for Face 2 face .
- She has never really gotten into trouble.
- A punishment for her is not reading books.
- The first time she really got into trouble was during Parents & Punishments when she accidentally gave all the instruments away and then accidentally gave all the money, that was raised, away too.
- In Season 2, she was given a new look: her wardrobe is completely different, her hair is curled and she got blonde highlights on the tips of her hair. Her personality is also different too, seeing that she has become more confident in herself.
- She is Miss Suzy's favorite student.
- Ally loves gold stars from Miss Suzy but Miss Suzy thinks she doesn't need motivation because Ally was her smartest student.
- It is possible she loves school more than music.
- It seems like Ally did get over her stage fright in Costumes & Courage but she actually didn't. She was only able to perform because people thought she was Taylor Swift.
- She reveals that she has a crush on Austin in Girlfriends & Girl Friends.
- She had her first kiss with Austin in Chapters & Choices.
- Ally had her heart broken by Austin in Chapters & Choices.
- It is revealed in Partners & Parachutes that Austin was her first kiss.
- She was serenaded by Austin in Partners & Parachutes.
- Despite her stage fright, she performed with Austin in Costumes & Courage.
- She was one of Miss Suzy's only students that didn't need the extra motivation – or the gold stars – to do their best.
- She, along with Elliot, were the 'Art & Craft Rebels' at their summer camp.
- When she started crushing on Austin, it was her first crush on the show that wasn't established from the entry of the crush.
- It is revealed that when Ally was younger, she had bushy eyebrows and braces as mentioned in Campers & Complications.
- Kira may just think that she is superstitious about her favorite pencil as seen in Campers & Complications.
- She and her mom are alike, as shown in Backups & Breakups.
- Nelson thinks of her as his favorite piano teacher.
- She doesn't bite her hair anymore when she's nervous.
- She is a singer-songwriter.
- Ally sang a second duet with Austin (You Can Come to Me).
- She and Austin kissed two times; first in Chapters & Choices and second in Real Life & Reel Life.
- She's no longer dating Austin as of Couples & Careers, but they agree to still be friends and partners. (hinted that they might get back together in the future).
- She conquered her stage fright with Austin by her side. (Chapters & Choices)
- She sings her first solo song called "Finally Me" in the episode Tracks & Troubles .
- The creators of the show originally named her Abby Ray.
- The creators originally made Austin and Ally cousins.
- She likes pizza (Girlfriends & Girl Friends).
- She has a middle name, not revealed yet.
- When Ally was 6 years old, she took her goldfish, Novie, to the vet and explained to Austin in Successes & Setbacks that he was nervous too, but when trying to cheer Austin up she said that Novie was flushed.
- Ally's nicknames are Ally-Cat (by herself), Ally-Gator (Ms. Suzy and Austin Moon), and Goose-Pickle (Austin Moon).
- Ally's parents have split up.
- Ally, even though she actually can't dance, danced with the Stray Kitties in the episode Solos & Stray Kitties.
- In Boy Songs & Badges, Austin notices that Ally has gotten better at lying, because she suggested an idea for Austin to get out of performing for New Music Tuesday.
- In Boy Songs & Badges, Trish notices that Ally has gotten better at being "bad".
- Ally's bad dancing is revealed to the whole world in Viral Videos & Very Bad Dancing, when it goes viral allowing her to becoming a sensation, but it doesn't bother her.
- She always gets A's.
- Austin wrote a love song for her called "Steal Your Heart". (Tunes & Trials)
- Ally is a reporter for their School paper. (Sports & Sprains).
- She and Austin were celebrity judges on America's Top Talent.
- She and Austin had an unblocked kiss in Real Life & Reel Life.
- It could be possible she wears contacts due to the fact that she used to wear glasses as seen in a flashback in Filmmaking & Fear Breaking.
- She gets a record deal from Ramone Records in Fresh Starts & Farewells.
- She is the only one person of Team Austin who didn't go on Austin's first tour (Fresh Starts & Farewells).
- In Fresh Starts & Farewells she reveals she still has feelings for Austin, so it's seemed that she has a crush on him in almost whole Season 2 and probably Season 3.
- In Fresh Starts & Farewells she was an opening act on Austin's tour and she performed new song called "The Me That You Don't See".
- Ally knows how to play guitar. (Seen in Road Trips & Reunions)
- She has a lot in common with Kira Starr.(Beach Clubs & BFFs )
- She wears the same swimsuit as Kira in Beach Clubs & BFFs
- She and Austin almost kissed in Mix Ups & Mistletoes
- Her favorite show is called 'The Love Song Dedication Show' (Family & Feuds)
- She and Austin will probably get back together at some point in Season 3.
- She ia the leader of the glee club. (Glee Clubs & Glory)
Don't touch my book!
There's no eating in the store!
Aww, thanks Austin!
Yeah... I like Austin
Doing things The Ally Way!
Sure! I can always develop a paralyzing fear, overcome it, and write a deeply personal song about it!
I think we should get this guy. We need to be ruthless, plan every detail, make no mistakes, I don't wanna go back to jail!
I'm trying really hard not to freak out here!
Who would I tell? I only go to one party a year.
Trish's boo has another boo? Boooo!
I like pickles!
Don't touch my science book!
You'd better not leave any hairs behind, she has enough money to clone you.
No, you don't have to choose because... I'm firing you
Being apart will affect how we feel about each other... S-Songs
I guess it's goodbye.
Have fun on tour.
Feelings can change in three months.
| To view the Ally Dawson gallery, click here.