|“||Don't touch my book!||”|
— Ally, several episodes
Ally (by everyone)
|Date of Birth||
c. Febuary 1996 (age 17)
Minnesota (Former, Birthplace) Miami, Florida
Brown with Blonde/Caramel highlights (Season 2)
Ally Dawson is a 17-year-old talented, aspiring singer/songwriter who had severe stage fright. She wrote the hit song, "Double Take", which Austin accidently stole and performed in the episode Rockers & Writers, which made him famous. After Ally forgives him and agrees to become partners. Ally is best friends with Trish, Austin, and also Dez. Her parents are Lester and Penny Dawson. She has always had a passion for music and feels that there's no better way to express what you're feeling. Over the 2 seasons, she becomes more confident and in the episode Chapters & Choices, she conquers her stage fright, and sings with Austin. She's a sweet girl and always tries her best to not hurt anyone's feelings.
She is portrayed by Laura Marano.
Ally is generally, shown to be kind, smart, talented, an A+ student, compassionate, friendly, passionate, smart, sweet, beautiful, generous, and caring. She is often described as a good person or a "goody goody." She's against all forms of rule breaking, even insignificant ones such as coloring outside the lines. She is often portrayed as girly, and sometimes meek. Ally, though she is a very talented singer/songwriter, has a severe case of stage fright that keeps her from achieving her dream of making it in the music business. She has been writing songs since she was little. She got most of her inspiration to keep writing songs from her old music teacher, Miss Suzy.
Ally is often shown not to be into things most teenagers consider fun, such as arcades, horror movies or pizza parlors, and enjoys slightly unusual activities, such as cloud watching (as seen in Zaliens & Cloud Watchers). She is more into writing and her father's store. She is very smart. She is somewhat geeky, but constantly tries to hide it when questioned or accused of it, which generally leads to either disasters or her appearing to be even more geeky.
Ally is also an incurable romantic. In Diners & Daters she not only tries to help Austin win Cassidy's heart by fixing his hair and writing a song for him to her, but also gushes over the fact that he got a job a the Melody Diner in order to get close to her. In Backups & Breakups, she habitually sings about Trish's new boyfriend, a potential back-up dancer for Austin named Trent... until she finds out he's using her to get a gig with Austin.
In Season 2, she's been shown to have been gaining more confidence in herself. In Costumes & Courage, under disguise, she performed a duet with Austin. She was also glad that she was on the cover of Cheetah Beats in Magazines & Made-Up Stuff . Her wardrobe has also noticeably changed in Season 2, wearing things normal teenage girls would wear. She was even brave enough to bungee jump off a bridge, with the help of her friends Austin, Trish, and Dez. She's becoming a bit more sassy, also cool and collected like Austin through the season so far. Ally finally admitted to having feelings for Austin in Girlfriends & Girl Friends. Ally has also become more fun, more rule breaking, and more chill.
AppearanceAlly is shown to have shoulder length, simple, wavy, brown hair. In Season 1, it's brown. In Season 2, she has ombre hair, which means it get lighter going down from her roots, starting at her natural brown and ending in a blonde. For tops, she wears delicate dresses, blouses, t-shirts tucked into her skirts, and tank tops. Her tops include intricate details, lace, and bitty patterns. Ally wears many cardigans, jackets, shrugs, and vests. She wears shorts or sometimes full-sleeved vests over her half sleeves or sleeveless shirts, with cute neck designs. In Season 1, she dresses with a lot skirts, they're quite colorful too. In Season 1, she tends to wear lacy socks and her shoes are normally laced leather ankle boots with a small heel. As for accessories, Ally wears lots of vintage jewelry, like, a pendant or a long beaded necklace. Ally wears all of the colors of the rainbow, in bright, muted, or pastel colors. She likes wearing patterns too, like thin stripes, Swiss dots, any little tiny pattern, etc. In Season 2, she dresses a bit more girly and sassy. She wears half sleeved shirts with minted light colored pants and short, tight skirts. For the shoes she always seems to be wearing wedge heels. She'd sometimes wear skin colored wedges or nice summery colored wedges. And also in Season 2, she seems to be wearing colored skinny jeans and t-shirts a lot more.
Ally writes a song which Austin takes and records a music video without relising it was hers. After the music video becomes a hit online, Trish convinces Ally to tell the world she wrote the song, despite being scared infront of a large crowd. Austin apologizes to her and then Austin convinces Ally to help him out with writing a new song. He gives her credit for both songs and they make a deal to become partners together. Ally embarrasses herself by destroying the set of the Helen Show. The video of her doing so bumps down Austin video to #2 and making hers #1.
Ally is pressured to quickly write another song for Austin, since it's been over a month since she wrote his last one because she has so many things going on like work and book club. She scribbles down Austin's song lyrics in illegible handwriting prompting and Dez starts gathering weird props for the music video which they think correspond to her lyrics.
Ally loses her songwriting book, which is also her top-secret diary. She and Trish search the mall looking for it, unaware that Austin and Dez have already found it and read it, revealing that Ally has a secret crush and leads both the boys to think it is Austin. Dez tells Ally and Trish that they read her book so the girls plan revenge. Ally later reveals that her crush is actually a boy named Dallas, and her and Austin's misunderstanding is cleared.
Ally wrote a song in which she thinks is the best song ever for Austin. Austin doesn't like it so they decided to hang out to get to know each other better. Ally doesn't like horror movies and prefers to go cloud watching and other weird activities. At the end Ally learned how to have a little fun and she wrote another song for Austin.
A hater known as Miami H8ter girl is blogging bad and embarrassing stuff about Austin. The H8ter Girl is revealed to be Tilly Thompson who wanted to ruin Ally's career by ruining Austin's because she hated Ally for having her song in a play instead of her's. Tilly makes Ally sing The Butterfly Song, in front of many people. Ally had stage fright, but Austin sings it for her instead so that she doesn't have to embaress herself in front of an audience.Shiney Money, Team Austin gets excited but after they realize that there is only one ticket, everyone starts fighting for it including Ally even though she said it was totally his choice. Austin said yes to Ally because she talks too much. Ally, Trish and Dez decided to apologize to Austin so they went to the Award show, which puts Ally on stage.
A manager wanted to replace the whole gang with professional artists, Team Austin is disappointed but Ally was happy for him. She wrote another song for him telling Demonica that Austin doesn't need her to have his dreams come true.
When Trish had a quinceanera, Ally decided it was the perfect time to ask Dallas to dance.He said no because he cant dance and she became sad and disappointed. Austin then cancelled his performance to dance with Ally. But when Dallas sees her dancing with Austin, he regrets what he did and they show each other their weird dances.
Ally writes a song for herself, You Don't See Me. The song expresses the pain of the anonymity Ally feels. Austin hears the song and plays it for Miami when he's on the radio with Miami Mack. When Miami Mack wants Austin to bring Ally to sing her song the next day, Ally panics. Trish pretends to be Ally and lip sings to You Don't See Me. Everyone falls for it which is weird since Ally is on magazines with Austin and embarrassed herself on the Helen Show.
Ally's crush on Dallas grows stronger. She often doesn't know what she is saying when she is around him, which causes her to accidentally tell him she'll mow his lawn for him. Later, when Dallas tells her he hates his job. Ally says "You should work here (Sonic Boom)". Dallas misinterprets this and thinks it means he is hired at Sonic Boom. Dallas turns out to be a terrible employee and Ally realizes she has to fire him for 3 reasons:
- He is a terrible employee.
- Her dad tells her they can't affords a new employee. Trish helps Ally find a way to fire him.
- He can't go back to the job he quit because Trish already got hired.
In the end, Dallas ends up quitting, and she does not have to fire her crush, even though Trish makes a big show out of doing so.
Ally, Trish, and Dez help Austin get ready for the Hot Summer Jam Contest on the beach, where he could win a chance to have his song played on the radio. Ally tries to put her previous, unpleasant beach-going experiences behind her. It is revealed in this episode that she and her father often went to the boardwalk and got ice cream when she was little. It is also revealed that her favorite ice cream is Fruity Mint Swirl. In the end of the episode, Ally writes the song, Heard It on the Radio, for Austin.
Ally finally gets a Tweeter account but has a problem writing good twits. Ally reunites with one of her favorite elementary school teachers, Miss Suzy, at her soup shop in the mall, Suzy's Soups. Ally thinks of this as a chance to finally get a gold star from Miss Suzy. When Ally tweets a picture of a spider in her soup at Suzy's Soups as an attempt to get more followers, Miss Suzy loses many customers. To make up for it and get a gold star, Ally tries to make a commercial with Austin, Trish, and Dez for Suzy's Soups. She ends up going way overboard. The commercial helps bring back customers and Miss Suzy tells Ally she only gave gold stars to the kids who needed extra motivation and Ally was so smart and talented that she didn't need that. Even though this makes Ally feel better, she still wants gold stars and by the end, she is covered in them.
A mall thief has been robbing all of the stories in the mall. It is revealed in this episode that Ally is president of the Mall Association. Ally tries to catch the thief after he steals a guitar from Sonic Boom. When Ally and Trish check the security cameras, they see that Austin "stole" the guitar. After confronting Austin, Austin tells her he just went to get it autographed by Bruno Mars because, he felt bad for missing her scheduled meetings. But, Trish already turned him in so she could get the rewards. So now, Ally, Trish, Dez, and Austin must all work together to clear Austin's name. In the end of the episode, Austin catches the thief and they find out it was the mall delivery man.
Ally leaves her pet parakeet, Owen, with Austin, Dez, and Trish while she waits in line for the new myTAB, but they accidentally let Owen escape. Everyone except Ally creates a plan to get Owen back but it backfired. At the end Ally got a myTAB but Mindy took it away. Owen exposed everything that happened.
Dez films his first movie called Claws (Dun Dun Dun) and the whole gang jumps in to help. Austin gets the starring role, Trish gets to plays a lot of characters, and Ally offers to help out with the props because she has stage fright. However when it's Austin's turn for his big scene, something triggers a childhood fear of umbrellas and that causes Austin to panic and quit doing Dez's movie. The cause of Ally's stage fright to revealed to Austin.
Ally, Austin and Dez all go to the newest diner, where the employees have to sing to the customers. Trish gets a job there, and where Austin gets a crush on one of the waitresses, Cassidy. However, Cassidy turns him down, and Ally tries to help Austin express his feelings for her by writing her a song. Aus tin tries to describe what he's feeling so she can write lyrics, however, Ally cannot find good lyrics, and goes to Austin for help. He mistakenly sings Cassidy the awful song, and blames Ally for it. They end up arguing while singing, Ally not believing he would accuse her like that, and leaves, leaving Austin feeling bad. He finds her in the music room later, and they make up by "dancing it out" in a goofy fashion, and finishing the song for Cassidy.
When Team Austin was invited to Shiny Money's Party in the Everglades, the whole gang was very excited because it was their first vacation together. Ally tried to write a song with Austin but constantly got interrupted by Trish and Dez. Because Trish plugged too many things into the outlets, the power went out and Austin and Ally couldn't play the keyboard to finish their song. Later, they see Big Mama attack the boathouse. The boathouse sank because of Dez, however Austin still got to perform and Team Austin dances along to it.
When Austin might gets the chance to earn a record deal from Jimmy Starr, they work very hard to make an impression, but when Ally overworks Austin, he suddenly can't hit the high notes. Ally tries to cheer up Austin, but it doesn't work as well as she wanted it to. Since she felt bad, Dez and Ally get Austin presents (she got him a scarf with "Austin, Ally, Trish, Dez" on it). Ally also made Austin soup, which she accidentally spilled all over Austin. She later dances when Austin sings and his voice - after surgery - turns out to be fine.
In this episode, Ally's friends, Austin, Trish, and Dez create an audition tape so Ally can get into the music school seen in Filmmaking & Fear Breaking. She passes the audition - only for her friends to realize that the music school is in New York. Austin's album release party is also a going-away party for Ally. When Austin sings an acoustic version of Can't Do It Without You, and a video of Team Austin's (Mostly Auslly moments) memories from the past is shown, Ally decides she wants to stay in Miami because she realizes her dream all along was to make music with her friends.Don't Look Down for Austin to perform at a Halloween party. Ally goes to lunch with Jimmy, where they discuss that Austin will perform the song at the Halloween party with Taylor Swift. She tries to impress a guy named Ethan, whom she saw at the costume store and the Halloween party Ally and her friends go to. Ally pretends to 'borrow' Jimmy's phone to delete a mean text message that Austin sent to him by accident. Ally and Taylor wear the same costume at the party. When Trish and Dez accidentally knock out Taylor, Ally pretends to be Taylor and performs the duet with Austin, without her stage fright getting to her. Dez suggests that Austin and Ally sing together from now on since Ally didn't have stage fright, but Ally doesn't know if she can, for she thought she could only do it because she was pretending to be someone else.
In this episode, when Ally sees Trish and Dez hugging at their lockers, she thinks that they are secretly dating each other. Back at Sonic Boom, Ally confronts Trish about dating Dez. However, Trish tells Ally she is dating Trent, Austin's new backup dancer. Later when Ally sees Trent with another girl, Ally is faced with the difficult decision of telling Trish the truth. Back at the gang's practice, Ally video chats with her mom about whether to tell Trish or not. In this episode, Ally's mom was also featured through video chat.
Throughout the episode, Ally consistently tells Austin that he doesn't need to lie to make himself look good; "just being yourself is enough.". However, once the last event of Austin's fabricated life is done and Meagan Simms declares that she thinks Ally writes amazing songs, Meagan asks Ally how she came up with it. Ally starts to tell the truth, but when Meagan declares that it's boring, she quickly lies, saying that she bungee-jumped off of the tallest bridge in Miami. Once up there, Austin and her jump down together, and all the exaggerations are over.
Ally is visited by Nelson and the rest of his music class, including their music teacher at Sonic Boom. Nelson asks Ally if they can borrow the instruments since the music class's instruments got ruined, and Ally grudgingly says no after her dad tells her that they can't afford to let them borrow the instruments. Nelson and the rest of the class sigh and walk out, and Ally, feeling guilty, tells them to stop, saying that they can use all the instruments. Misinterpreting this, Nelson thinks that Ally said that they could take all the instruments for free, so all the students take the instruments.
After accidentally getting rid of all the instruments, Ally and the rest of Team Austin brainstorm ways to get the money to get all the instruments back before finally thinking of hosting a fundraiser. They then decide that Austin performing will be their main act, but when Austin's bad grades cause him to get grounded to study, he sneaks out to perform, thus earning the required money Ally needed. Unfortunately for Team Austin, Nelson's music teacher thinks that Ally raised the money for HER and thanks her, running off with the money. Due to this, Ally gets in trouble for the first time, and her punishment is not being allowed to read any books for a week.
Note that even though Ally has stage fright, she got up on the stage and spoke to the audience and camera multiple times. This could possibly be because her stage fright has gone away. Also, she wasn't all freaked out when she was featured in Cheetah Beat.
She helps get revenge on Trent (Trish's ex-boyfriend), who deliberately steals one of the songs she was working on with Austin, although her efforts to do so get mixed reactions from the rest of Team Austin, who are quite surprised to find her just as eager to pay him back, until she suggests sticking a "Kick Me" sign on his back. At the ending, She says that she will get her revenge doubtful, Trish,Dez,and Austin walk out with Ally's "Kick Me" signs on their backs and gets her revenge.
In this episode, Ally does multiple actions. She tries to get Trish to tell Austin that he wasn't truly booked at Times Square instead of having someone else tell the news for Trish. She also ends up sitting with Austin on the plane when she and the little boy that thought Austin was an impostor switched seats. She's proud of Austin when he performs and accomplishes his life-long dream; she's reduced to tears by the performance, and the tears freeze over, much to the confusion of the rest of Team Austin.
Austin needs to film his music video with Jimmy's daughter, Kira and she has bad breath. Ally is trapped in the giant hamster ball with Kira, Austin get stuck with her for an hour on the Ferris wheel. Also, she tries to protect Kira's feelings by not telling her about her bad breath.
Ally helps Austin on his date with Kira, she later reveals to Trish that she has developed a crush on him. Trish advises Ally to tell Austin about how she feels but chooses not to tell him, worrying it will ruin their friendship and partnership. Ally is crushed when he leaves with Kira, but wants him to be happy all the same. And it's hard for Ally to tell her feelings. She doesn't want to tell Austin her feelings out of fear that she'd ruin their partnership and his career. She reads the flowers that Austin sent reading "There's no way I can make it without you" and sadly goes up to the practice room.
Ally's old crush and camp friend Elliot comes into town, making Austin jealous of their budding relationship. She first finds it exciting that her first crush and friend as arrived but quickly get bored because all they talk about is camp and don't really have anything in common. After some sport activities between Austin and Elliot, Ally realizes that Austin likes her because of his jealous acts. She meets Austin in the music room, while working on a song, they have a moment (their hands touch on the piano) they almost kiss but Ally stops the kiss by showing Austin how the chorus of the song should go.
Ally and Austin both try to hide their feelings for each other, but are both caught up in awkward moments where they are found staring at each other. Ally tells Trish that she's not going to wait for Austin to decide who he want to be with. Ally's mother makes her second appearance and Austin and Ally try to help Ally get over her stage fright by getting Ally and Austin to sing a duet at Ally's mother, Penny Dawson's book release party. Ally overhears Austin and Dez's conversation about why Austin and Ally should not go out, leaving her upset but later feels okay about it. After they preform, Austin admits that he could do anything with Ally and they share there very first kiss. Unfortunately, Kira ruins the moment by telling Austin that she'll be his girlfriend, leaving Ally upset.
Ally, still upset with Austin, decides not to think about him and tries to focus on herself and her own career. She starts "Team Ally" with Trish as her manager. Austin still wants to prove his feelings for her, but she remains unconvinced that he truly cares about her and is over Kira. It was revealed in this episode that Austin was her first kiss. They start dating in this episode after Austin serenaded her with a song that was originally written by her.
In this episode, she holds a fairly important role. She is one of the last members of Team Austin to be truly convinced that the typewriter is magic. She gets a wagon full of books as a gift from Dez and the typewriter. She and Austin were, in a way, guarding the typewriter while they were afraid that Chuck would steal the typewriter. After Chuck steals the typewriter, Ally is affected in several ways. First, her hair turns purple. Later on, she switches bodies with Trish, and then with Dez. She is next affected when Chuck uses the typewriter to make her fall in love with him. Then, she is turned into Abraham Lincoln while giving the speech for her dad.
Ally plays Clarinet Golf with Austin- signaling that she has changed from her Season 1 attitude, where she would scold Austin for playing such a game- and gets a horn-in-one. She is asked out on a date by Austin, and she accepts. It is revealed in this episode that Ally has a middle name. Trish asks her to write a new song for Butch & Bitey. Ally is awkward around Austin on their first date, and near the end of it, she gets jammed bread on her face! She talks to Trish about how it was awkward, and begins to have doubts about being in a relationship with Austin. She blows them off when in a song-writing session with Austin, claiming that they've never been awkward when it coms to their music. She is easily proven wrong; she is too afraid to hurt Austin's feelings, and so agrees to compromise a song instead of pleading to write an emotional, serious ballad like she wanted to. Later on, she and Austin both realize that the song is the worst song they have ever written! She is there when the director of Butch & Bitey gets goo splattered all over him. She and Austin, at the end of the episode, both agree that they are not meant to be a couple just yet. The two hug, and she asks him not to let go just yet.
Partner/Best Friend/Ex-Boyfriend/Still in Love With
- Main article: Auslly
Austin and Ally are good friends and have a more than friends relationship. Ally really cares about Austin's feelings and hates lying to him, and it is shown in Kangaroos & Chaos Austin also cares a lot about Ally's feelings and was the one who asked Ally to become his permanent songwriter and partner in the first episode. Austin has helped Ally get over her stage fright. Also, Ally helped Austin to face his fear of umbrellas in Filmmaking & Fear Breaking. Austin and Ally performed the song they wrote together twice. Interviews with the cast say that they will date in later episodes. Ally tells Trish that she likes Austin in Girlfriends & Girl Friends. Austin tells Dez that he likes Ally in Campers & Complications. Austin and Ally began to lean in for a kiss in Campers & Complications, but they were interrupted when Ally told Austin that she wanted the song to have specific chords. They finally kiss in Chapters & Choices, but Kira ruins the moment when she tells Austin that she'll be his girlfriend. Austin and Ally become a couple in Partners & Parachutes. In Couples & Careers, they go on their first date. They take a break in their relationship in Couples & Careers, but it is rumored that they will get back together in Tunes & Trials when Austin writes a song for Ally.
Best Friends Forever/Manager
- Main article: Trally
Best Freckled Friends
- Main article: Delly
Ally and Dez doesn't show much interaction even though they hang out, maybe due to Austin being both their friends. Dez gives Ally a ham in Rockers & Writers and he has the idea to read Ally's diary in Secrets & Songbooks. In Soups & Stars, Dez tells Ally that he is her BFF, "Best Freckled Friend." Dez usually helps out Ally in her times of needs but he ends up messing things up even more. Sometimes he teases Ally about being uncool and having nerdy/lame interests. He's always using the instruments in the Sonic Boom unconventionally, annoying Ally. Dez sometimes unintentionally says things that insult or hurt Ally's feelings, but they are still good friends. In Freaky Friday & Fiction, Ally gets trapped in Dez's body.
- Main article: Dally
Dallas is Ally's crush. He has been her crush since the episode, Secrets & Songbooks. Dallas has only appeared in 3 episodes so far. It is unknown if he comes back. It is unlikely since there has not been much talk about him lately and since she is dating Austin and doesn't like Dallas anymore, he probably will not make anymore appearances.
Close Friends/Ex-Camp Crush
- Main article: Elly
Elliot met Ally at camp a few years ago while weaving baskets.Ally seems to have an crush on Elliot and so does Elliot. Elliot will appear in one episode, know as Campers & Complications. Elliot makes Austin jealous which makes Austin express his real feelings for Ally. Ally and Elliot has no relationship going because the only thing they have to talk about is what they did at camp.
Lester Dawson is Ally's dad. They seem to have a very close relationship, although he told Ally that there is one and a bazillion chance to get famous in music. Lester trusts Ally to run Sonic Boom without him there. When Ally was little, she and her dad often went to the boardwalk at Miami Beach and got ice cream. Ally's favorite ice cream was, and still is, Fruity Mint Swirl. Ally and her dad also share a special handshake. It is revealed that Penny and Lester are divorced.
Penny Dawson is Ally's mom. They haven't been seen interacting much on the show due to the fact that Penny lives in Africa, but they have done video chat and Ally asked Penny for advice in Backups and Breakups. Penny appears in Chapters & Choices. She is happy for her daughter and gives advice the best way she can. It is revealed that Penny and Lester are divorced.
- She had horrible stage fright, because she was afraid of failing on stage, and that she won't become a performer.
- She secretly has a fear of Trish and Dez (or Trez) getting married and wanting to live with her.
- Ally's first crush was Elliot.
- She wrote 2 songs about her relationship with Austin.
- She auditioned for a music school in New York, but before she got to play she thought the piano was going to eat her and everyone was laughing.
- She is scared of spiders and always "silent-screams" when she sees them (as shown in Everglades & Ally-Gators).
- In Albums & Auditions, we find out she was born in February as revealed by Dez, although the date was not revealed.
- She works at Sonic Boom, her dad's business.
- She sometimes writes songs for herself and then records them for fun, although she knows she won't be able to perform them.
- Her favorite food is pickles.
- She likes shrimp.
- Her ex-boyfriend and best friend is Austin Moon.
- She likes cupcakes.
- She liked the Cha Cha Chicken Pot Pie served at the Melody Diner.
- She was part of a cloudwatching club as shown in Zaliens & Cloud Watchers.
- She isn't the best dancer.
- She is a member of a book club.
- She attended a calligraphy camp.
- She has more Tweeter followers than Austin.
- She loves gavelling.
- Her best friend is Trish De la Rosa
- She prefers to color inside the lines.
- Her favorite ice cream since she was a little girl is Fruity Mint Swirl. In fact, she even once called it her "Best Friend" and said "I Love You Fruity Mint Swirl!" in Songwriting & Starfish, when the trio were locked in a freezer.
- She has the same name as Sonny Monroe from Sonny With A Chance, another show created by Kevin Kopelow and Trish De la Rosa.
- She has a songbook that she does not let anyone touch. (Last episode seen in: Partners & Parachutes)
- She is a member of the Cloud Watching club.
- She cleans when she's upset.
- She has a Tweeter account.
- She is president of the Mall Association.
- She admitted to having no social life.
- She has a pet cockatiel named Owen.
- She had a goose named Pickles.
- She is somewhat of a germaphobe.
- She used to chew on her hair whenever she got nervous.
- When she gets excited, she tends to ask a lot of questions.
- She can knit.
- When she is stressed, she has an imaginary friend she talks to named Ms. Pennyworth.
- Her dad taught her how to play the piano when she was 5.
- She started ballet when she was 4, although she is still shown to be a very bad dancer.
- For Halloween 2012, she was Galaxis Nova.
- She hates it when people talk with food in their mouth.
- She hates it when people say "liberry'" instead of "library".
- She hates the sound that rubbing styrofoam together makes.
- She and her father have a special handshake.
- She doesn't like the arcade or horror movies. She also disliked the pizza parlor in Soups & Stars.
- She is a fan of the teen sensation Bruno Mars.
- She owned a stuffed dolphin named Dougie, but she gave it to Austin.
- She used to wear glasses as seen in her flashback in Filmmaking & Fear Breaking.
- She auditioned for a music school in New York, and got accepted, but later gave it up to stay with her friends and family.
- She can play the piano while texting as seen in the episode Filmmaking & Fear Breaking.
- She gives instrumental lessons to Nelson.
- She loves making pro-con lists, as seen in Successes & Setbacks.
- She gives Jimmy Starr's son violin lessons in Successes & Setbacks.
- If you look closely at her phone in Soups & Stars and Filmmaking & Fear Breaking, she has a music note on her phone.
- During Season 1, she admitted that she only goes to one party a year, which is Back to School night, as seen in Filmmaking & Fear Breaking.
- She talks to herself sometimes. Mostly before talking to boys, as seen in Costumes & Courage.
- She likes the word bungee as seen in Magazines & Made-Up Stuff.
- She isn't as camera shy as she was during Season 1.
- Ally's character is similar to Teddy Duncan's character in Good Luck Charlie, another Disney Channel original series. They both do things perfectly yet they both are bad dancers. They also both love music.
- She loves love, just like her mom, Penny Dawson.
- She believes everyone deserves a second chance, and everyone has goodness inside of them.
- She is in the music video for Face to Face.
- She has never really gotten into trouble.
- A punishment for her is not reading books.
- The first time she really got into trouble was during Parents & Punishments when she accidentally gave all the instruments away and then accidentally gave all the money, that was raised, away too.
- In Season 2 , she was given a new look: her wardrobe is completely different, her hair is curled and she got blonde highlights on the tips of her hair. Her personality is also different too, seeing that she has become more confident in herself. Since Ally is being more confident, she needs to be more confident in her clothes.
- She is Miss Suzy's favorite student.
- It is possible she loves school more than music.
- It seems like Ally did get over her stage fright in Costumes & Courage but she actually didn't. She was only able to perform because people thought she was Taylor Swift, not Ally Dawson.
- She reveals that she has a crush on Austin in Girlfriends & Girl Friends.
- It is revealed in Partners & Parachutes that Austin was her first kiss.
- Despite her stage fright, she performed with Austin in Costumes & Courage.
- She was one of Miss Suzy's only students that didn't need the extra motivation –or the gold stars– to do their best.
- It may be possible that she has 3 crushes.
- She, along with Elliot, were the 'Art & Craft Rebels' at their summer camp.
- When she started crushing on Austin, it was her first crush on the show that wasn't established from the entry of the crush.
- It is revealed that when Ally was younger, she had bushey eyebrows and braces as mentioned in Campers & Complications.
- Kira may just think that she is superstitious about her favorite pencil as seen in Campers & Complications
- She and her mom are alike. As shown in Backups & Breakups.
- Nelson thinks of her as his favorite piano teacher.
- She doesn't bite her hair anymore when she's nervous.
- She is a singer-songwriter.
- Ally sang a second duet with Austin (You Can Come to Me).
- Because she was Galaxis Nova for Halloween (Costumes & Courage), she probably named her goldfish, Novie.
- She's no longer dating Austin as of Couples & Careers, but they agree to still be friends and partners. (hinted that they might get back together in the future)
- She conquered her stage fright with Austin by her side. (Chapters & Choices)
- She sings a solo and the song is called "Finally Me".
- The creators of the show originally named her Abby Ray.
- The creators originally made Austin and Ally cousins.
- She likes pizza (Girlfriends & Girl Friends).
- Ally will perform another duet with Austin.
- She has a middle name
- When Ally was 6 years old, she took her goldfish, Novie, to the vet and explained to Austin in Successes & Setbacks that he was nervous too, but when trying to cheer Austin up she said that Moby was flushed.
- Ally's nicknames are Ally-Cat (by herself), Ally-Gator (Ms. Suzy and Austin Moon), and Goose-Pickle (Austin Moon).
Don't touch my book!
There's no eating in the store!
Aww, thanks Austin!
Yeah... I like Austin
| To view the Ally Dawson gallery, click here.