|“||The name is Moon, Austin Moon.||”|
— Austin, in Real Life & Reel Life
Austin Monica Moon
Blondie (by Cassidy and Chuck)
|Date of Birth||
Unknown (between December and January)
Austin Monica Moon is a singer and dancer who became an overnight internet sensation after he uploaded a video that his friend Dez directed of him singing Double Take, a song that he unintentionally stole from Ally Dawson. His manager is Trish. Dez, Ally and Trish are Austin's best friends, and his parents are Mimi and Mike Moon, owners of Moon's Mattress Kingdom. Austin has always dreamed of being a famous singer and dancer since he was young. It has been his life long dream to perform at Times Square, on New Year's Eve, which his friends helped him accomplish. He is always there for his loved ones, and even though he can be a little naive, he is still a sweet and funny guy, who will always try his best to help his friends in every situation.
He is portrayed by Ross Lynch.
Austin is shown to be outgoing, sweet natured and very friendly. He's also somewhat of a musical prodigy, seeing as he can play several instruments (including a trumpet through another trumpet), can dance amazingly well and can sing. Still, he has trouble isolating thoughts with his fast pace thinking and can find it difficult to write a decent song. He is shown to be childish and a bit of an airhead. He loves stuffed animals and pancakes. He's more of a fun and rebellious person, who doesn't care about rules (he colours outside of the lines in a colouring book) and sees life as a big party. Despite his kindness and loyalty, he has trouble expressing his emotions and can be very indecisive about things. Austin is very talented, he can dance, sing, act, play basketball and more. He also loves his best friends and he never does anything without them knowing.
Austin Moon was born to Mike Moon and Mimi Moon. Throughout the series, it is expressed that he always wanted to be a musical artist. He often would watch peformances on New Years television events and think that he wanted to be just like those artists when he grows up.
Austin is shown to be tall, good looking with a slightly built body frame and messy blonde hair. In the first season his body type was more lean and thin, but as he got older he began to gain more muscle. His hair also was slightly shorter before growing long enough passing his eyebrows in the second season.
In Season 1, Austin's style of dress was very casual and boyish. He usually wore simple long sleeved shirts, or occasionally a layered button shirt or hoodie with a tee or tank top. His jeans were mostly faded and his shoes were often times sneakers or high tops. He is also seen wearing a whistle around his neck most of the time.
In Season 2, his clothing choices became more stylish and expensive, mostly due to his new fame. The colors he wears are bolder and vibrant, while his shirts and shoe designs are less dull and more expressive. He still layers his button ups and hoodies with under shirts and now wears more colored leather jackets and accessories.
In Season 3, Austin still maintains having more stylish clothing, still due to his rising fame. However, at times, he will dress more casually, mainly if he is at the beach club. Some of the time he will wear short sleeved shirts and jeans or shorts, depending on the situation. Usually, if Austin is going to be performing, then of course, he is more likely to dress in a more stylish way versus being in school, Sonic Boom, or the beach club.
Best Friend/Partner/Ex-Girlfriend/Future Girlfriend
- Main article: Auslly
Ally is Austin's songwriter/partner. They both admire and support each other even though they're opposites. They have hugged a lot and seem to enjoy it. In Magazines & Made-Up Stuff, Austin tells Ally that she's more important to him than getting on a national magazine cover. Austin and Ally are constantly helping each other out such as when Austin sang The Butterfly Song for Ally in Bloggers & Butterflies.
Throughout season 2, it is noted that hints are in throughout the season showing Austin and Ally's possible feelings for each other as wanting to be more than friends. In Backups & Breakups, Ally mentioned that if her and Austin were dating, Dez and Trish would feel it might affect their partnership with Team Austin. Austin then began to stutter and said that it would be weird for them to date with a nervous sound and a small smile across his face. It is believed that Austin and Ally do have a small crush on each other. Ally finally admits to having a crush on him in Girlfriends & Girl Friends. In Campers & Complications, Austin admits having a crush on Ally. Dez even goes as far as to say that Austin loves her. They kiss in Chapters & Choices and become a couple in Partners & Parachutes when Austin tries to prove to Ally that she's the one he loves. Austin officially asks Ally out in Couples & Careers. They take a break in their relationship in Couples & Careers because they are both afraid that saying something about their different songs will cause them to be farther apart. Austin writes Steal Your Heart for Ally in Tunes & Trials and performs it, telling everybody its about nobody, even though its about Ally.
In Real Life & Reel Life they had a really big fight after Austin reveals he met with another songwriter when Ally conquered her stage fright, because he thought her career was going to take off, and she didn't need him anymore, then Ally reveals that she wanted to end their partnership because Austin was so different from Ally back in Season 1 and she thought he would become a One Hit Wonder. But at the end of the episode they make up after Dez and Trish make them remake a scene from Chapters & Choices and they kiss for the second time.
In Fresh Starts & Farewells, Ally admits she still has feelings for Austin, but having to stay in Miami for her record deal to start of her career. When she shows up to say goodbye, Austin gives her a card with the words 'Thinking Of You' on the front. Inside of the card was an all-round Airline ticket, so Ally can meet up with them on tour, and see one of Austin's concerts. They agreed to see other people in Princesses & Prizes. Austin realized he still liked her and wanted to get back together with her in Hunks & Homecoming. However, Ally already had a boyfriend by this point, leaving Austin heartbroken.
Best Friend/Practically Brothers
- Main article: Daustin
Dez is Austin's best friend and director of his music videos. Like Ally and Trish, they have been best friends since childhood. Dez and Austin are really close friends and they hang out with each other a lot. Dez knows all of the Austin's secrets, including his fear of umbrellas, the fact that he only wears boxers with trucks on them, and the fact that his middle name is Monica. Dez was even the one to get Austin to realize had a crush on Ally. Austin also turns to Dez for advice, like during the "Auslly Arc" when Austin needs to choose either Kira or Ally. They appear to have been friends the longest on the show. They're practically brothers. They once tried to write a song together as well but the song turned out to be a terrible one.
- Main article: Traustin
Trish is Austin's manager and they haven't been seen hanging around each other much, though they sometimes interact with each other. Austin takes the blame of messing up Face Puncher's jacket so Trish doesn't get her face punched. Soups & Stars was the episode where they danced for Ms. Suzy's Soups.
Like Ally, Trish and Dez, Austin met Gavin in Hunks & Homecoming. Austin didn't like Gavin because he spent time with Ally, making Austin very jealous. Each time Austin tried to talk to Ally or to ask her to get back together, Gavin interrupted, not giving Austin the chance to tell his feelings to Ally, and then Gavin asked Ally out, leaving Austin upset.
In the beginning of Fashion Shows & First Impressions, Austin was still a little unhappy about Gavin and Ally dating. However, Austin learned to accept them together for now. Especially because Austin had moved on to Piper for a little while.
FatherAustin's dad had told him that he has a bazillion to one chance to make it in the music business, and Austin wants to prove him wrong.Austin's dad appears in Successes & Setbacks where we find out he is the "King" of Moon's Mattress Kingdom. Austin's dad appears for the second time in Parents & Punishments, where he grounds Austin for his suffering grades. He might still think that Lester hates them.
Austin's mom appears in Successes & Setbacks where we find out she is the "Queen" of Moon's Mattress Kingdom. Austin's mother also appears in Parents & Punishments where she grounds him for his suffering grades. She might think that Lester still hates them.
Ex-crush/Mutual FriendCassidy is a singing waitress, with a love of music, and is currently in a band. When Austin asked her out, she said no because her and her band are going on a tour. Austin asked her out by performing a song the song: Heartbeat. She returns her feelings, and promises to go out on a date with him when she gets back from L.A., which really pleases Austin. It is rumored that Cassidy might return while Austin and Ally are dating in Season 3, since they might date again in Season 3.
Brooke was Austin's girlfriend in Magazines & Made-Up Stuff. She is known to be a little bit annoying since Austin is shown to be little annoyed by her at the beginning of the episode. She collects all sorts of stuff (i.e napkins, croutons from salads, golf track sheet, etc.) all from her and Austin's dates, which makes her quite creepy. Trish calls her scrapbook girl. They broke up because she thought Austin was dating the European Super Model.
She is still obsessed with Austin.
- Main article: Kaustin
Austin first meets Kira on set while filming his music video, No Ordinary Day. At first, he considered her to be flawless. That was until he smelled her breath and instantly disliked her. He even went to the extent of lying about having a drooling problem to get her to quit so he wouldn't have to be around her.
In Girlfriends & Girl Friends, Kira's bad breath is gone and Austin becomes completely love struck. He asks her to go on a date, and despite her reluctance, she agrees. Ally helps Austin set up their "perfect date", really being Austin and Ally 's Perfect Date, because the first date between Kira and Austin went horribly wrong. They then went on a second date and played video games in Dez's basement. They began to date in this episode. Ally also gets jealous when setting up their date, and confesses her likes for Austin.
In Campers & Complications, their relationship is put on hold as Austin has developes a crush on Ally and his jealously gets the best of him. Kira knows that his behavior is like this because of Ally, and tells Austin to figure out what he wants to do then tell her. She then takes a "break" with Austin.
In Chapters & Choices, Austin has to decide if he wants to date Kira or Ally. He picks Kira and asks her to become his girlfriend again. After Ally and Austin kiss, he wants to be with Ally, but then Kira comes up after Austin and Ally's performance and tells Austin she wants to be his girlfriend again, then hugs him.
- Main article: Ausper
They met in Fashion Shows & First Impressions. After Austin decided to accept Gavin and Ally being together, he then saw Piper and began to like her. She found out he originally didn't want to date her because of her looks in a Nerd Day picture, so she called off their date because she didn't want to go out with someone so shallow. To prove to her that he wasn't shallow, he did a bunch of things for her that she said she believed in, like giving up certain luxuries as hair products, clothes, etc.
They will be a couple for about 2 episodes, until Austin gets back together with Ally.
- Austin has wanted to be an overnight internet sensation since the 4th grade. (Filmmaking & Fear Breaking)
- Austin stole Ally's song Double Take. (Rockers & Writers).
- He helped Ally get over her stage fight.
- He is a part of Team Austin.
- When he was 9, he had chicken pox.
- He is the only child of Mike and Mimi Moon.
- When the series was first picked up, in the pilot Austin's name was supposed to be Austin Ray.
- He likes all sorts of foods including: pancakes (his favorite food), ice-cream, peanuts, soup, scrambled eggs, sundaes, pizza, oat meal and burgers.
- He hates sad movies.
- He doesn't cry over sunsets.
- His biggest dream has always been to perform at Times Square on New Years Eve and that dream was achieved in Big Dreams & Big Apples. (He sang Can You Feel It).
- He likes horror movies.
- Two of his favorite places are the arcade and the pizza parlor.
- His ex-girlfriend and best friend is Ally Dawson.
- He has a crush on Ally (starts in Campers & Complications).
- He has a Tweeter account and has over 5,000 followers but Ally has more followers then him.
- Has an outie belly button.
- When he was five, he wished to be stuck in a freezer full of ice cream.
- He borrowed the guitar in Sonic Boom to have Bruno Mars autograph it because he felt bad about being late to his and Ally's meeting and instead was known as the burglar. (Burglaries & Boobytraps)
- He earns an allowance for making his bed.
- Yelling reminds him of Trish.
- Chocolate covered hot dogs remind him of Dez.
- He likes Bruno Mars and Lebron James.
- He likes cheerleaders.
- His friend and manager is Trish De la Rosa
- He can play many instruments.
- He used to be anoraknophobic (afraid of umbrellas).
- His family owns "Moon's Mattress Kingdom", and he is the prince since his parents are the king and queen.
- He seems to be embarrassed whenever things have to do with Moon's Mattress Kingdom like commercials, acting out the commercial, being called a little prince.
- His middle name is "Monica".
- He doesn't like the fact that his parents made his middle name "Monica".
- He wants a pony.
- He likes Ally's stuffed dolphin, Dougie.
- He pooped on a bench when he was two. (Zaliens & Cloud Watchers)
- Doctors' offices creep him out.
- He doesn't like eating broccoli.
- He can drink hot sauce with his nose, according to Ally.
- He says that he's terrible at writing songs. (Said only once in Rockers & Writers)
- He almost broke the world record of spinning a basketball on his finger. (World Records & Work Wreckers)
- He goes to school with Ally, Trish, and Dez. (Backups & Breakups, and more in Season 2)
- Austin seems to be quite strong. In Everglades & Ally-Gators, he managed to push the door shut on a giant Alligator (Big Mama). In Magazines & Made-Up Stuff, he was able to break a wooden board on his first attempt. In Girlfriends and Girl Friends, he was able to enter a tug of war with a muscular man.
- Whenever he burps, he is worried there is an alien in his stomach trying to bust out.
- Austin gets cranky when he's tired. (Magazines & Made-Up Stuff)
- Austin has been on the cover of Cheetah Beat as seen in Magazines & Made-Up Stuff.
- He got grounded for getting two bad test grades in Parents & Punishments.
- Up until Presidents & Problems, he wore boxer shorts, but as of that episode, he has switched to boxer briefs.
- He sang a duet with Ally in the episodes, Costumes & Courage and Chapters & Choices.
- He has a pair of lucky underwear (Costumes & Courage).
- He is somewhat afraid of spiders, as shown in Everglades & Ally-Gators.
- He won a frog from the arcade.
- He isn't afraid to admit it when he does something wrong.
- His favorite color is orange.
- His favorite marsupial is the wallaby.
- His favorite movie is "Ulysses S. Grant: Zombie Slayer".
- He is scared of turbulence on planes.
- He enjoys taking pictures with his fans.
- He doesn't believe in zebras because Dez told him they aren't real.
- He collects teddy bears as told in Magazines & Made-Up Stuff.
- He seems to have a liking for robots, as shown in the Double Take music video, because on his shelves, there are many robots.
- When Ally told Austin. "I know what you're going through." Austin replies "Really?" and Ally nods. Thinking that Ally meant something else he responded. "You're growing hair on your toes too?" (Tickets & Trashbags)
- He has been best friends with Dez since they were kids.
- He has a hitchhiker's thumb, as seen during his performance of Got It 2.
- He often doesn't follow rules.
- In Girlfriends & Girl Friends, Austin tries to ask Kira out.
- He can count to ten in Spanish.
- He sometimes believes what Dez says.
- He's horrible at trivia.
- He is not good at making choices.
- Austin likes the movies Bikini Beach Bloodbash and Bikini Beach Bloodbash 2: Babes and Barbados. (Girlfriends & Girl Friends)
- He likes the movie Swamp Bride.
- He had a driving test in Freaky Friends & Fan Fiction although he might not have actually had it since it was completely fiction and it was all in Dez's story.
- He has met both of Ally's grandmothers, as seen in Spas & Spices.
- Austin likes romance movies according to Backups & Breakups.
- It is unknown how his surname is Moon, due to it being a Korean last name.
- Austin wrote a love song for Ally called "Steal Your Heart".
- He is fond of pudding.
- He becomes an electrician in Tracks & Troubles (as this was his second choice after Jimmy fired him).
- He got released from his contract at Starr Records but then got it back.
- He has written two songs without Ally, Call a Pioneer Ranger and Steal Your Heart.
- Austin wrote his first hit song called Steal Your Heart.
- In Future Sounds & Festival Songs, Austin wrote Timeless, but it's unknown if Ally helped him to write it or not. If he wrote it by himself Timeless would be the third song written by him.
- Austin's inspiration for becoming a singer was his idol, Jackson Lowe. (Beach Bums & Bling)
- Austin still sleeps with a night light. (Beach Bums & Bling)
- He can play basketball.
- He said he is good at wood shop. (Sports & Sprains)
- He hates poetry. (Family & Feuds)
- He likes to eat Dez marshmallow salmon panini. (Family & Feuds)
- He and Ally were celebrity judges for America's Top Talent in Moon Week & Mentors.
- Austin went on his first tour with Trish and Dez in Fresh Starts & Farewells.
- It is clear that in Road Trips & Reunions Austin does not know much about geography since he was shocked by hearing that there were two Portlands (one in Maine and the other in Oregon), and two different Washingtons (the state and capital).
- Austin loves oatmeal and seemingly likes breakfast burritos. (What If's & Where's Austin)
- Austin performs for the president of the United States in Presidents & Problems
- He has his own doll. (Mix Ups & Mistletoes)
- He is quite competitive, as seen in Glee Clubs & Glory.
- He and Dez's favorite comic book is "The Galactic Adventures of the Electric Avengers". (Critics & Confidence)
- Austin had stage fright for the first time in Critics & Confidence, even though he got his confidence back at the end of the episode.
- His ringtone is his song Double Take, as shown in Burglaries & Boobytraps.
- He likes to look at himself in the mirror. (Austin & Alias).
- He has starred in two movies. However, one of them was directed by Dez and was likely not very popular.
- Austin has a teddy bear.
- Austin is a Capricorn, which was revealed in Fashion Shows & First Impressions.
| To view the Austin Moon gallery, click here.