|“||The name is Moon, "Austin Moon".||”|
— Austin, in Real Life & Reel Life
Austin Monica Moon
Blondie (by Cassidy and Chuck)
|Date of Birth||
1996 (age 17)
Austin Monica Moon is a 17-year-old singer and dancer who became an overnight internet sensation after he uploaded a video that his friend Dez directed of him singing Double Take, a song that he unintentionally stole from Ally Dawson. His manager is Trish. Dez, Ally and Trish are Austin's best friends, and his parents are Mimi and Mike Moon. Austin has always dreamed of being a famous singer/dancer since he was young. It has been his life long dream to perform in Times Square, on New Year's Eve, which his friends helped him accomplish. He is always there for his loved ones, and even though he can be a little naive, he is still a sweet and funny guy, who will always try his best to help his friends in every situation.
He is portrayed by Ross Lynch.
PersonalityAustin is shown to be outgoing, sweet natured and very friendly. He's also somewhat of a musical prodigy, seeing as he can play several instruments, can dance amazingly well and can sing. Still, he has trouble isolating thoughts with his fast pace thinking and can find it difficult to write a decent song. He is shown to be childish and a bit of an airhead. He loves stuffed animals and pancakes. He's more of a fun and rebellious person, who doesn't care about rules (he colors outside of the lines in a coloring book) and sees life as a big party. Despite his kindness and loyalty, he has trouble expressing his emotions and can be very indecisive about things.Austin is multi talented ;he can dance, sing ,act, play basketball and more.He is a very well kept person .He is always neat and clean,that's why he always gets the girls.He also loves his best friends and he never does anything without them knowing. Dating or not, Team Austin always sticks together.
Austin is shown to be tall, good looking with a slightly built body frame and messy blonde hair. In the first season his body type was more lean and thin, but as he got older he began to gain more muscle.
His style of dress was very casual and boyish. He usually wore simple long sleeved shirts, or occasionally a layered button shirt or hoodie with a tee or tank top. His jeans were mostly faded and his shoes were often times sneakers or high tops.
His clothing choices became more stylish and expensive, mostly due to his new fame. The colors he wears are bolder and vibrant, while his shirts and shoe designs are less dull and more expressive. He still layers his button ups and hoodies with under shirts and now wears more colored leather jackets and accessories.
Partner/Best Friend/Ex-Girlfriend/Still In Love With
- Main article: Auslly
Best Friend/Practically Brothers
- Main article: Daustin
Dez is Austin's best friend and director of his music videos. Like Ally and Trish, they have been best friends since childhood. Dez and Austin are really close friends and they hang out with each other a lot. Dez knows all of the Austin's secrets, including his fear of umbrellas, the fact that he only wears boxers with trucks on them, and the fact that his middle name is Monica. Dez was even the one to get Austin to realize had a crush on Ally. Austin also turns to Dez for advice, like during the "Auslly Arc" when Austin needs to choose either Kira or Ally. They appear to have been friends the longest on the show. They're practically brothers. They once tried to write a song together as well but the song turned out to be a terrible one.
- Main article: Traustin
Trish is Austin's manager and they haven't been seen hanging around each other much, though they sometimes interact with each other. Austin takes the blame of messing up Face Puncher's jacket so Trish doesn't get her face punched. Soups & Stars was the episode where they danced for Ms. Suzy's Soups.
Ex-crush/Mutual FriendCassidy is a singing waitress, with a love of music, and is currently in a band. When Austin asked her out, she said no because her and her band are going on a tour. Austin asked her out by performing a song the song: Heartbeat. She returns her feelings, and promises to go out on a date with him when she gets back from L.A., which really pleases Austin. It is rumored that Cassidy might return while Austin and Ally are dating in Season 3, since they might date again in Season 3.
Brooke was Austin's girlfriend in Magazines & Made-Up Stuff. She is known to be a little bit annoying since Austin is shown to be little annoyed by her at the beginning of the episode. She collects all sorts of stuff (i.e napkins, croutons from salads, golf track sheet, etc.) all from her and Austin's dates, which makes her quite creepy. Trish calls her scrapbook girl.
- Main article: Kaustin
Austin first meets Kira on set while filming his music video, No Ordinary Day. At first, he considered her to be flawless. That was until he smelled her breath and instantly disliked her. He even went to the extent of lying about having a drooling problem to get her to quit so he wouldn't have to be around her.
In Girlfriends & Girl Friends, Kira's bad breath is gone and Austin becomes completely love struck. He asks her to go on a date, and despite her reluctance, she agrees. Ally helps Austin set up their "perfect date", really being Austin and Ally 's Perfect Date, because the first date between Kira and Austin went horribly wrong. They then went on a second date and played video games in Dez's basement. They began to date in this episode. Ally also gets jelous when setting up their date, and confesses her likes for Austin.
In Campers & Complications, their relationship is put on hold as Austin has developes a crush on Ally and his jealously gets the best of him. Kira knows that his behavior is like this because of Ally, and tells Austin to figure out what he wants to do then tell her. She then takes a "break" with Austin.
In Chapters & Choices, Austin has to decide if he wants to date Kira or Ally. He picks Kira and asks her to become his girlfriend again. After Ally and Austin kiss, he wants to be with Ally, but then Kira comes up after Austin and Ally's performance and tells Austin she wants to be his girlfriend again, then hugs him.
FamilySuccesses & Setbacks where we find out he is the "King" of Moon's Mattress Kingdom.Austin's dad appears for the second time in Parents & Punishments, where he grounds Austin for his suffering grades. He might still think that Lester hates them.
Austin's mom appears in Successes & Setbacks where we find out she is the "Queen" of Moon's Mattress Kingdom.Austin's mother also appears in Parents & Punishments where she grounds him for his bad grades. She might think that Lester still hates them.
- Austin has wanted to be an overnight internet sensation since the 4th grade. (Filmmaking & Fear Breaking)
- Austin stole Ally's song Double Take. (Rockers & Writers).
- He helped Ally get over her stage fight.
- He is a part of Team Austin.
- When he was 9, he had chicken pox.
- When the series was first picked up, in the pilot Austin's name was supposed to be Austin Ray.
- He likes all sorts of foods including: pancakes (his favorite food), ice-cream, peanuts, soup, scrambled eggs, sundaes, pizza and burgers.
- He hates sad movies.
- He doesn't cry over sunsets.
- His biggest dream has always been to perform at Times Square on New Years Eve and that dream was achieved in Big Dreams & Big Apples. (He sang Can You Feel It)
- He likes horror movies.
- Two of his favorite places are the arcade and the pizza parlor.
- His ex-girlfriend and best friend is Ally Dawson.
- He has a crush on Ally (starts in Campers & Complications).
- He has a Tweeter account and has over 5,000 followers.
- Has an outie belly button.
- When he was five, he wished to be stuck in a freezer full of ice cream.
- He borrowed the guitar in Sonic Boom to have Bruno Mars autograph it because he felt bad about being late to his and Ally's meeting and instead was known as the burglar. (Burglaries & Boobytraps)
- He earns an allowance for making his bed.
- Yelling reminds him of Trish.
- Chocolate covered hot dogs remind him of Dez.
- He likes Bruno Mars and Lebron James.
- He likes cheerleaders.
- His friend and manager is Trish De la Rosa
- He can play many instruments.
- He used to be anoraknophobic (afraid of umbrellas).
- His family owns "Moon's Mattress Kingdom", and he is the prince since his parents are the king and queen.
- He seems to be embarrassed whenever things have to do with Moon's Mattress Kingdom like commercials, acting out the commercial, being called a little prince.
- His middle name is "Monica".
- He doesn't like the fact that his parents made his middle name "Monica".
- He wants a pony.
- He likes Ally's stuffed dolphin, Dougie.
- He pooped on a bench when he was two. (Zaliens & Cloud Watchers)
- Doctors' offices creep him out.
- He doesn't like eating broccoli.
- He can drink hot sauce with his nose, according to Ally.
- He says that he's terrible at writing songs. (Said only once in Rockers & Writers)
- He almost broke the world record of spinning a basketball on his finger. (World Records & Work Wreckers)
- He goes to school with Ally, Trish, and Dez. (Backups & Breakups, and more in Season 2)
- Austin seems to be quite strong. In Everglades & Ally-Gators, he managed to push the door shut on a giant Alligator (Big Mama). In Magazines & Made-Up Stuff, he was able to break a wooden board on his first attempt. In Girlfriends and Girl Friends, he was able to enter a tug of war with a muscular man.
- Whenever he burps, he is worried there is an alien in his stomach trying to bust out.
- Austin gets cranky when he's tired. (Magazines & Made-Up Stuff)
- Austin has been on the cover of Cheetah Beat as seen in Magazines & Made-Up Stuff.
- He got grounded for getting two bad test grades in Parents & Punishments.
- Up until Presidents & Problems, he wore boxer shorts, but as of that episode, he has switched to boxer briefs.
- He sang a duet with Ally in the episodes, Costumes & Courage and Chapters & Choices.
- He has a pair of lucky underwear (Costumes & Courage).
- He is somewhat afraid of spiders, as shown in Everglades & Ally-Gators.
- He won a frog from the arcade.
- He isn't afraid to admit it when he does something wrong.
- His favorite color is orange.
- His favorite marsupial is the wallaby.
- His favorite movie is "Ulysses S. Grant: Zombie Slayer".
- He is scared of turbulence on planes.
- He enjoys taking pictures with his fans.
- He doesn't believe in zebras because Dez told him they aren't real.
- He collects teddy bears as told in Magazines & Made-Up Stuff.
- He seems to have a liking for robots, as shown in the Double Take music video, because on his shelves, there are many robots.
- When Ally told Austin. "I know what you're going through." Austin replies "Really?" and Ally nods. Thinking that Ally meant something else he responded. "You're growing hair on your toes too?" (Tickets & Trashbags)
- He has been best friends with Dez since they were kids.
- He has a hitchhiker's thumb, as seen during his performance of Got It 2.
- He often doesn't follow rules.
- In Girlfriends & Girl Friends, Austin tries to ask Kira out.
- He can count to ten in Spanish.
- He sometimes believes what Dez says.
- In Campers & Complications, Austin finally reveals his feelings for Ally.
- He's horrible at trivia.
- He is not good at making choices.
- Austin serenades Ally. (I Think About You)
- Austin finally works up the nerve to kiss Ally in Chapters & Choices.
- It could be possible that Ally was Austin's first kiss but it's unknown.
- He's no longer dating Ally as of Couples & Careers, but they agree to still be friends and partners. (Hinted that they might get back together near the end of the season or in season 3)
- Austin likes the movies Bikini Beach Bloodbash and Bikini Beach Bloodbash 2: Babes and Barbados. (Girlfriends & Girl Friends)
- He likes the movie Swamp Bride.
- In Couples & Careers, he and Ally go on a date, but it gets awkward.
- He might share a second Auslly Kiss.
- He had a driving test in Freaky Friends & Fan Fiction although he might not have actually had it since it was completely fiction and it was all in Dez's story.
- He has met both of Ally's grandmothers, as seen in Spas & Spices.
- Austin likes romance movies according to Backups & Breakups.
- It is unknown how his surname is Moon, due to it being a Korean last name.
- Austin wrote a love song for Ally called "Steal Your Heart".
- He is fond of pudding.
- He becomes an electrician in Tracks & Troubles (as this was his second choice after Jimmy fired him).
- He got released from his contract at Starr Records but then got it back.
- Out of the four main characters, Austin is the only character that has revealed his whole, full name (Austin Monica Moon).
- He has written two songs without Ally, Call a Pioneer Ranger and Steal Your Heart.
- Austin wrote his first hit song called Steal Your Heart.
- In Future Sounds & Festival Songs, Austin wrote Timeless, but it's unknown if Ally helped him to write it or not. If he wrote it by himself Timeless would be the third song written by him.
- Austin's inspiration for becoming a singer was his idol, Jackson Lowe. (Beach Bums & Bling)
- Austin still sleeps with a night light. (Beach Bums & Bling)
- He can play basketball.
- He said he is good at wood shop. (Sports & Sprains)
- He hates poetry. (Family & Feuds)
- He likes to eat Dez marshmallow salmon panini. (Family & Feuds)
- He and Ally were celebrity judges for America's Top Talent in Moon Week & Mentors.
- He and Ally had an unblocked kiss in (Real Life & Reel Life).
- Austin went on his first tour with Trish and Dez in Fresh Starts & Farewells.
- He almost admitted he loves Ally in (Fresh Starts & Farewells).
- Since he almost admitted he loves Ally in (Fresh Starts & Farewells), it shows that he obviously does love her.
- It is clear that in Road Trips & Reunions Austin does not know much about geography since he was shocked by hearing that there were two Portlands (one in Maine and the other in Oregon), and two different Washingtons (the state and capital).
- Austin gave Ally a plane ticket to anywhere inside the card so that she could visit him, Trish, and Dez anytime during the tour. (Road Trips & Reunions)
- Austin loves oatmeal and seemingly likes breakfast burritos. (What If's & Where's Austin)
- Austin performs for the president of the United States in Presidents & Problems
- He has his own doll. (Mix Ups & Mistletoes)
- He and Ally almost kissed 3 times in Mix Ups & Mistletoes.
- He and Ally will probably get back together at some point in Season 3.
- He is quite competitive, as seen in Glee Clubs & Glory.
- He and Dez's favorite comic book is "The Galactic Adventures of the Electric Avengers". (Critics & Confidence)
- Austin had stage fright for the first time in Critics & Confidence, even though he got his confidence back at the end of the episode.
- Austin's birthday is November 15,1996
- His ringtone is his song Double Take, as shown in Burgularies and Boobytraps.
- He likes to look at himself in the mirrior. (Austin & Alias).
| To view the Austin Moon gallery, click here.