|“||I can play anything, piano, drums, guitar, harp! I can even play a trumpet, through another trumpet!!||”|
Austin Monica Moon
|Date of Birth||
c.1996 (age 17)
Austin Monica Moon, better known as Austin Moon, a 17-year-old, aspiring singer who became an overnight internet sensation when he uploaded a video of himself singing Double Take, written by Ally and filmed by Dez. His manager is Trish. His best friends are Dez, Trish and Ally and his parents are Mimi Moon and Mike Moon. Austin has always dreamed of being a famous singer/dancer since he was young. It has always been his life long dream to perform at Times Square, on New Year's Eve, which his friends helped him accomplish. He is always there for his loved ones and even though he can get a little naive, he is still a sweet and funny guy.
He is portrayed by Ross Lynch.
PersonalityAustin is an outgoing, amazingly talented, and somewhat naive person, but he is generally really sweet and friendly. He is somewhat a musical prodigy and can sing, dance, and play all instruments, yet he has trouble writing songs. Overnight, he becomes an internet sensation by singing one of Ally's songs in a music video directed by Dez. With the help of his friends, Austin is following his dream of making it in the music business along with Ally. Austin sings the songs that Ally writes for him. He is shown to be a slight airhead, and also seems to love stuffed animals and pancakes. As well as very calm, cool and collected, he is more of a fun and rebellious person, who doesn't care about rules (demonstrated when he colors outside of the lines in a coloring book). He achieves his dream of performing in Times Square on New Year's Eve in, Big Dreams & Big Apples, thanks to his friends.
In Season 2, Austin is bad at making decisions and communcating his feelings, like whether to choose Ally or Kira to be his girlfriend and giving the two girls mixed signals, which causes a love triangle.The same thing happened with Cassidy in Diners & Daters where he found it hard to communcate his feelings towards her.
Austin takes one of Ally's songs that she wrote and sings it in a music video that Dez records. Austin convinces Ally to help him out and they make a partnership. He performs on the Helen Show, and when tries to help Ally get over her stage fright but she ends up destroying the set. He uses the money he got from guest starring to upgrade the music room. Austin then askes Ally to be his music partner and she agrees. Trish becomes their manager and Dez the director of the music clips.
Austin hounds Ally to write another song for him after a month long wait. When chaos strikes, Austin helps Ally and Trish to get everything back in order so he can perform his song. He gets upset when two people mistake him for a dog food guy and even mentioned that some woman wanted him to have a picture taken with her dog.
Austin, along with Dez, read Ally's private songbook that she constantly tells them not to touch. He gets the wrong idea when he reads that she likes a guy (Dallas, The cellphone accesory cart guy) who has the same characteristics as Austin. Etc: kind eyes, hair that flops just the right way, they work so close to each other and yet their so far apart and he smells like a fresh summer breeze. Ally and Trish trick him into thinking Ally hates guys who sweat a lot and have fake tans. Austin gets a fake tan and makes himself look like he's been sweating. After being embarrassed in a fake interview, he realizes Ally does not have a crush on him, and he tells her that he only freaked out when he thought that she had a crush on him because he didn't want their friendship to be ruined.
A mysterious blogger, that goes by the name of Miami H8ter Girl, is posting embarrassing stuff about Austin. Later he finds out that H8ter girl doesn't hate him, but she hates Ally because of what happend in kindergarten. When Ally has to sing the butterfly song in front of a audience she gets nervous. Austin doesn't want to see Ally suffer so he sings The Butterfly Song for her.Double Take in Shiny Money's rap, everyone got excited, but they soon realized that there is only one ticket; making everyone fight for it.Trish makes Austin chocolate covered french fries, Dez gave Austin his pants and Ally talks for a really long time. Austin realizes that they are being selfish and acting childish, so he took Nelson to instead. His performance is ruined when Ally, Trish and Dez try to apologizes to him, but in the end he's glad they came.
A manager tries to replace Trish as Austin's manager, Ally with professional songwriters, and Dez with a famous director. At first, Austin agreed, but when he realizes that he doesn't want his dreams come true without his friends, he fires Demonica Dixon (Austin's wannabe manager).
Austin decided to put Ally's song on the radio after he heard her sing. He wanted people to know how talented Ally is but his plan backfires. He tries to help her by getting rid of her stage fright by using a technique he found on the internet, but found out it's how to get rid of hiccups instead. Though, Austin had another plan, using Trish to pretend to be Ally.
Austin is going to perform at the Hot Summer Jam Contest on the beach, where he could win a chance to have his song played on the radio, but before he does he needs a hot summer jam to perform. Austin helps Ally get her fun beach juices flowing so she can write a good song for him. In this episode, Austin sings a song, Heard It on the Radio. Soups & Stars When Ally accidentally ruins Miss Suzy's soup's image, the whole gang which included Austin, makes a commercial with a jingle,which they hope will help Miss Suzy to get her customers back. At the end, they use Austin and Ally's idea for the jingle which results to be successful.
When Austin was just borrowing the new guitar to get it autograph by Bruno Mars, he was accused of being the mall thief. Ally, Trish, and Dez helped clear his name. Austin caught the thief by hiding in the piano and knocks the thief out.
Austin's fear of umbrellas is discovered when he quits to perform in Dez's movie so Ally helps Austin to get rid of his fear. However, things didn't turn out right. Ally told Austin how she got her stage fright which gives confidence to Austin. Austin decided to do the movie and got rid of his fear.
Austin falls in love with the unbelievabley, amazingly, and beautiful new singing waitress at the Melody Diner, Cassidy. However, he has trouble expressing his true feelings for her, so since Cassidy says only music speaks to her, Austin asks Ally for help writing her a song. However, Ally has trouble making up lyrics. Austin, thinking she finished the song, sings it to Cassidy, but it turns out terrible, and blames Ally. Later, they make up by "dancing it out" and they come up with the perfect song for Cassidy, Heart Beat, which he performs at the diner. The whole purpose of the song was to make Cassidy like him so that he can ask her out. Cassidy accepts, but then un-accepts, due to her band going to L.A. because of their record deal.
When Austin, Ally, Trish, and Dez are invited to Shiny Money's boathouse to sing for Shiny Money's Swamp Blast in the Everglades,the team has to prepare a new song. Meanwhile, Dez focuses on creating a documentary film. However, trouble arises and Team Austin is confronted with Big Mama, after her baby alligator is found following Dez (because he has rotten meat in his pocket). They manage to lure Big Mama away with success, however, in the long run, they sink Shiny Money's boathouse. Austin and Ally are successful in writing a pop song for the Swamp blast, Na, Na, Na (The Vacation Song) which is then performed by Austin.
When Jimmy Starr, a record producer might give Austin a record deal, Ally pushes Austin to rehearse more. But Ally pushed him too hard causing him to almost never sing again. Austin now has to decide if he wants to do the procedures the doctor told him which also have side affects. He did agree. The procedures include he can't talk for 48 hours.With only a couple hours left Austin forgot and talked by accident. Jimmy Starr had to leave for his flight so Austin had to sing the song right away leaving him to take a risk.But when he sang, he was able to hit the high notes and got a record deal.
In this episode, Austin's new album is released but not everything turns out well because they get to know that Ally may leave to New York. Knowing that Ally is leaving, Austin sings an acoustic version of Can't Do It Without You to Ally.
In this episode, Jimmy Starr (Austin's record producer) invites the gang to a famous Halloween party in Miami. Austin thinks that Ally gave away the song to Taylor Swift. He accidentally calls Ally and Jimmy "Evil Gutless Rats." The gang realizes that Jimmy could cancel the record deal if Jimmy found out what Austin called him. They delete Jimmy's messages before his record producer can find out. He finds out that him and Taylor are performing a duet. Taylor gets hurt, and Ally fills in to save Austin. Austin and Ally perform Don't Look Down.Auslly for the full conversation.) After he finds his new back-up dancer, he and Ally found out that Trish is dating Trent (Austin's new back-up dancer.) After Ally over hears Trent is just using Trish to get to be Austin's back-up dancer, Austin and Trent have a dance-off, Trent thinks Austin is just firing him because he's scared that he'll show him up. Austin wins the dance-off and get's a new back-up dancer. Megan Simms which really annoys him and he is really excited with what he has done. Austin has to do karate, eat crickets, ride motorbikes and lots of other stuff. At the end Ally makes her own lie about how bungee jumping inspires her and Austin's songwriting. Team Austin end up bungee jumping off a bridge. Ally is a little scared at first but Austin helps her get over her fear by saying "Hold my hand, we'll jump together". Ally takes his hand and they jump.
In this episode, Trent steals Ally's song, and starts copying Austin, even getting a best friend who has the same characteristics as Dez, eventually, Austin helps to get revenge on Trent (Trish's Ex-Boyfriend).
In this special cross-over episode, Trish books Austin to play in Time Square on New Year's Eve, his dream since childhood. The gang encounter the Jessie crew, and they help Austin get into Time Square, and fufill his dream in time. He sings Can You Feel It in Time Square. Later in the crossover, he sings a duet with Jessie, Face 2 Face.Dez films a music video starring him for Jimmy Starr. Austin meets the girl playing his love interest in the video, Kira Starr. At first, he is starstruck by her beauty. That is until he approaches her and smells her breath. He is extremely reluctant to continue on with the video, though Dez tells him that he must. He then goes on the Ferris Wheel with Kira, only to have it break while on it, much to his distress. He then is forced to spend an hour with her rambling while stuck on the ride. He then asks Dez to fire her, only to find out that Kira is the daughter of Jimmy Starr. He then attempts to have her quit the job by pretending to have a "drooling problem". Once Kira quits, he and Dez audition to have a new actor to play his love interest. Jimmy and Kira enter and Kira tells him that she will finish the music video. Jimmy also arranges for Austin speak to little kids about his "drooling problem". During the speech, the drooling tool malfunctions, and Team Austin admits that they wanted her to quit because of her bad breath. Jimmy apologizes and admits he lost his sense of smell from surgery. Jimmy promises to help with her breath, but they can't do it in time for the video, which is due that night. Dez ends up filming the video properly, and the kissing scene is done where Austin and Kira are in separate hamster balls and they kiss through them. Elliot comes to visit her. After a talk with Dez he realizes that he has developed a crush on Ally. He says he doesn't want to ruin the friendship he and Ally have. He seemed very envious of Elliot spending time with Ally, even saying when Dez misunderstood Ally and Trish's conversation "He's not the right guy for her" leaving Dez with a dumbfounded look, also trying to beat Elliot at several games to prevent Ally to say no to becoming Elliot's girlfriend. He also said that "He and Ally should be together without realizing what he had said. You Can Come to Me after the performance, they have a sweet moment, and Austin kisses Ally, but Kira comes and agrees to be his girlfriend, leaving Ally upset and Austin yet again confused.
Austin tries to make it up to Ally, telling her that he still has feelings for her, and he broke up with Kira, Ally still doesn't feel fully convinced that Austin knows his true feelings. Austin who now really wants to show Ally that he still likes her, buys her a piano for her first concert. At the end Austin sings a song for Ally. They start dating.Dez the idea that the typewriter is magical. After asking Dez for a favor, Austin gets himself a cheerleader girlfriend, Kimmy, and he successfully scores in basketball. He types up that a giant elephant scared all of the customers away at Sonic Boom so that Ally wouldn't have to deal with them- it's, in a way, his fault that Chuck managed to successfully steal the typewriter. Chuck doesn't pay attention to that, though; Austin gets affected by Chuck using the typewriter several times. His hair turns purple; he loses the ability to dance. Later on, he swaps bodies with Dez, and is forced to watch Dez in Austin's body flirt with several girls. He has his driving test in this episode, and Chuck uses that against him- his hands turn into hooves, which strip him of the ability to drive. As a result, he crashes the car into Sonic Boom, which gives Dez the opportunity to take the typewriter back and stop Chuck for good. After the events turn out to be Dez's short story, Austin claims the short story to be unrealistic- he could ask a cheerleader out without the help of a typewriter. He then tries to flirt with Kimmy, only to be turned down when she is revealed to be the girlfriend of Chuck.
He is first seen attempting to teach Ally how to play the musical version of Clarinet Golf. After Ally successfully gets a horn in one, he uses that as an excuse to ask her out on their first official date. He is then approached by Trish as she reveals to him and Ally that she has earned them the opportunity to possibly have a song in an upcoming comedy film. He is also blatantly excited about the new Zaliens movie that is the object of the sub-plot in this episode. At the date, he, for the most part, awkwardly sits there. He tries to bring up some conversations at times, but those all last for a minute. When he tries to be romantic by smearing jam on bread and feeding it to Ally, his chair levitates, and the bread ends up on Ally's face. In the next scene, he tries to talk to Dez about the date, but he ends up talking to the prop zalien by accident. Later on, he and Ally sit down to try to write their song, and he wants to write a fun song. When he's afraid to hurt Ally's feeling, however, he and Ally end up compromising and writing a terrible song. He is there when the director for Butch & Bitey gets goo all over him. At the end, he and Ally have a mutual decision to break up and just be friends and partners. They hug, and Austin promises to not let go just yet.
Partners/Best Friends/Ex-Girlfriend/Still in Love With
- Main article: Auslly
Best Friends/Practically Brothers
- Main article: Daustin
Dez is Austin's best friend and director of his music videos. Like Ally and Trish, they have been best friends since childhood. Dez and Austin are really close friends and they hang out with each other a lot. Dez knows all of the Austin's secrets, including his fear of umbrellas, the fact that he only wears boxers with trucks on them, and the fact that his middle name is Monica. Dez was even the one to get Austin to realize had a crush on Ally. They appear to have been friends the longest on the show. They're practically brothers.
- Main article: Traustin
Trish is Austin's manager and they haven't been seen hanging around each other much, though they sometimes interact with each other. Austin takes the blame of messing up Face Puncher's jacket so Trish doesn't get her face punched by Face Puncher. Soups & Stars was the episode where they danced for Ms. Suzy's Soups.
Cassidy is a singing waitress, with a love of music, and is currently in a band. She said she cannot date Austin because all she has time for is work and her band, despite Austin asking her out twice, and performing a song for her. She returns his feelings, and promises to go out on a date with him when she gets back from L.A., which really pleases Austin, although she may not come back.
Brooke was Austin's girlfriend in Magazines & Made-Up Stuff.She is known to be a little bit annoying since Austin is shown to be little annoyed by her at the beginning of the episode. She collects all sorts of stuff (i.e napkins, croutons from salads, golf track sheet, etc.) all from her and Austin's dates, which makes her quite creepy. Trish calls her scrapbook girl.
- Main article: Kaustin
Austin first met Kira on set while filming his music video, No Ordinary Day. At first, he considered her to be flawless. That was until he smelled her breath and instantly disliked her. He even went to the extent of lying about having a drooling problem to get her to quit so he wouldn't have to be around her.
In Girlfriends & Girl Friends, Kira's bad breath is gone and Austin becomes completely love struck. He asks her to go on a date, and despite her reluctance, she agrees. Even though the first date between them went horribly wrong, they went on a second date and played video games in Dez's basement. They began to date in this episode.
In Campers & Complications, their relationship is put on hold as, Austin has developed a crush on Ally and his jealously gets the best of him, Kira knows that his behavior is like this because of Ally and tells Austin to figure out what he wants to do then tell her.
In Partners & Parachutes, they break up though it is assumed they stay friends.
Austin's dad appears in Successes & Setbacks where we find out he is the "King" of Moon's Mattress Kingdom
Austin's dad appears for the second time in Parents & Punishments, where he grounds Austin for his suffering grades. He might still think that Lester hates them .
Austin's mom appears in Successes & Setbacks where we find out she is the "Queen" of Moon's Mattress Kingdom.
Austin's mother also appears in Parents & Punishments where she grounds him for his bad grades.She might think that Lester still hates them.
- Austin has wanted to be an overnight internet sensation since the 4th grade. (Filmmaking & Fear Breaking)
- He wants to help Ally get over her stage fight.
- He is a part of Team Austin.
- When he was 9, he had chicken pox.
- When the series was first picked up, in the pilot Austin's name was to be Austin Ray.
- He likes all sorts of foods including: pancakes (his favorite food), ice-cream, peanuts, soup, scrambled eggs, sundaes, pizza and burgers.
- He hates sad movies.
- He doesn't cry over sunsets.
- His biggest dream has always been to perform on New Years Eve at Times Square.
- He likes horror movies.
- Two of his favorite places are the arcade and the pizza parlor.
- He has a Tweeter account and has over 5,000 followers.
- Has an outie belly button.
- When he was five, he wished to be stuck in a freezer full of ice cream.
- He earns an allowance for making his bed.
- Yelling reminds him of Trish.
- Chocolate covered hot dogs remind him of Dez.
- He likes Bruno Mars and Lebron James.
- He likes cheerleaders.
- He can play many instruments.
- It was revealed in Filmmaking & Fear Breaking that Austin is afraid of umbrellas, however, he overcame his fear, with the help of Ally , and a little bit of Dez .
- His family owns "Moon's Mattress Kingdom", and he is the prince since his parents are the king and queen.
- He seems to be embarrassed whenever things have to do with Moon's Mattress Kingdom like commercials, acting out the commercial, being called a little prince.
- His middle name is "Monica".
- He doesn't like the fact that his parents made his middle name "Monica".
- He wants a pony.
- He likes Ally's stuffed dolphin, Dougie.
- He pooped on a bench when he was two.
- Doctors' offices creep him out.
- He doesn't like eating broccoli.
- He can drink hot sauce up his nose, according to Ally.
- He says that he's terrible at writing songs. (Said only once in Rockers & Writers)
- He almost broke the world record of spinning a basketball on his finger. (World Records & Work Wreckers)
- He goes to school with Ally, Trish, and Dez. (Backups & Breakups, and more in Season 2)
- He achieves his dream of performing on Time Square on New Years Eve in Big Dreams & Big Apples.
- Austin seems to be quite strong. In Everglades & Ally-Gators, he managed to push the door shut on a giant Alligator (Big Mama). In Magazines & Made-Up Stuff, he was able to break a wooden board on his first attempt. In Girlfriends and Girl Friends, he was able to enter a tug of war with a musclular man.
- Whenever he burps, he is worried there is an alien in his stomach trying to bust out.
- Austin gets cranky when he's tired. (Magazines & Made-Up Stuff)
- Austin has been on the cover of Cheetah Beat as seen in Magazines & Made-Up Stuff.
- He got grounded for getting two bad test grades in Parents & Punishments.
- He wears boxers with trucks on them.
- He sang a duet with Ally in the episode, Costumes & Courage and Chapters & Choices.
- He has a pair of lucky underwear (Costumes & Courage).
- He is somewhat afraid of spiders, as shown in Everglades & Ally-Gators.
- He won a frog from the arcade.
- He isn't afraid to admit it when he does something wrong.
- His favorite color is orange.
- His favorite marsupial is the wallaby.
- His favorite movie is "Ulysses S. Grant: Zombie Slayer".
- He is scared of turbulence on planes.
- He enjoys taking pictures with his fans.
- He doesn't believe in zebras because Dez told him they aren't real.
- He collects teddy bears as told in Magazines & Made-Up Stuff.
- He seems to have a liking for robots, as shown in the Double Take music video, because on his shelves, there are many robots.
- When Ally told Austin. "I know what your going through." Austin replies "Really?" and Ally nods. Thinking that Ally mean't something else he responded. "Your growing hair on your toes too?" (Tickets & Trashbags)
- He has been best friends with Dez since they were kids.
- He has a hitchhiker's thumb, as seen during his performance of Got It 2.
- He often doesn't follow rules.
- In Girlfriends & Girl Friends, Austin tries to ask Kira out.
- He can count to ten in Spanish.
- He sometimes believes what Dez says.
- In Campers & Complications, Austin finally reveals his feelings for Ally.
- He's horrible at Trivia.
- He is not good at making choices.
- Austin sang a second duet with Ally.
- Austin seranades Ally.
- He helped Ally get over her stagefright.
- Austin finally works up the nerve to kiss Ally.
- He's no longer dating Ally as of Couples & Careers, but they agree to still be friends and partners. (hinted that they might get back together in the future)
- Austin likes the movies Bikini Beach Bloodbash and Bikini Beach Bloodbash 2: Babes and Barbados. (Girlfriends & Girl Friends)
- He likes the movie Swamp Bride.
- He is in love with Ally.
- In Couples & Careers, him and Ally go on a date, but it gets awkward.
- He might share a second Auslly Kiss.
- He is a fan of cheerleaders.
- He & Ally were originally cousins. Ally was also originally names Abby, while they're surnames were originally Ray.
- He had his driving test in Freaky Friends & Fan Fiction.
- He has met both of Ally's grandmothers, as seen in Spas & Spices.
- Austin likes romance movies according to Backups & Breakups.
| To view the Austin Moon gallery, click here.