|“||I booked Austin to play Times Square on New Years Eve!||”|
— Trish announcing Austin's gig
“Big Dreams & Big Apples”
Season 2, Episode 6
December 7, 2012
Wayne Conley (Austin & Ally segment)
"Big Dreams & Big Apples" is the first part of the Austin & Jessie & Ally: All Star New Year hour long special, the first crossover of Austin & Ally overall and with the hit Disney Channel series, JESSIE. This episode is counted as an Austin & Ally episode and will be the sixth episode in Season 2. This is also the first JESSIE crossover. It aired on December 7, 2012. The episode aired to 4.8 million viewers.
Austin, Ally, Trish and Dez travel to Times Square where Austin is booked to perform on New Year's Eve. When they couldn't get through New York City's crowded streets, fate brings the gang together with Jessie and Emma who help them get to the top of the building to perform by flying them in a helicopter. They all do this job successfully.
Episode SummaryAustin, Ally, Trish, and Dez take a trip to New York where Austin is set to perform for the ball drop on New Year's at Times Square. After many setbacks including a phone calling and booking the wrong area, an airplane flight setting down short of the actual destination, and a taxi ride with a lack of money causing them to get kicked out, Team Austin make it to Time's Square where they encounter Jessie and Emma, who had come to the ball drop after Emma convinced Jessie with the mention of Ryan Seacrest.
Team Austin mentions their dilemma to Jessie and Emma, and through helicopter flying skills, Jessie flies them up to the top of the building. Austin performs just in time, and everything seems to be going fine until the cast of Jessie realize that Zuri is missing. Part 1 officially ends when Zuri is revealed to be in the big, shiny ball.
- Ross Lynch as Austin Moon
- Laura Marano as Ally Dawson
- Raini Rodriguez as Trish De la Rosa
- Calum Worthy as Dez
- Debby Ryan as Jessie Prescott
- Peyton List as Emma Ross
- Cameron Boyce as Luke Ross
- Karan Brar as Ravi Ross
- Skai Jackson as Zuri Ross
- Kevin Chamberlin as Bertram Winkle
- Jill Basey as the Old Lady Passenger
- Jet Jurgenmeyer as Stevie
- Justin Uretz as Cop
- Ryan Bollman as Tommy Clarkson
- J.R. Nutt as Tim
Austin: What a year! Jimmy Starr signed me to Starr Records and I released my first album!
Ally: And you still might be able to live out your biggest dream. Playing Times Square for New Year's Eve!
Trish: Guess what I just did? I booked Austin to play Times Square on New Year's Eve!
Austin: Ally, is this really happening?
Ally: Believe it Austin, it's real. Just like zebras.
- This is part one of the one hour crossover special Austin & Jessie & Ally: All Star New Year. Part two of this episode is Nanny In Miami.
- This is the first Christmas/New Years special on the show.
- This is the second holiday themed special on the show. The first was Costumes & Courage with a Halloween theme.
- This is the first Austin & Ally crossover episode ever.
- It's possible that Austin's dream to perform at Times Square on New Year's Eve was mainly mentioned in Managers and Meatballs and is happening in this episode is because both episodes were written by Wayne Conley.
- Dez dipping things into fondue is similar to the episode Bloggers & Butterflies where he dipped everything in the deep fryer.
- Austin, Ally, Dez and Trish getting thrown out of the cab is like when Jessie was thrown out of the cab in the JESSIE episode "New York, New Nanny."
- This is the last Austin & Ally episode that premiered in 2012.
- This title refers to Austin's dream finally coming true and Team Austin having to go to New York, also known as the Big Apple, to preform on Times Square.
- Cheri is a parody of Siri, an intellectual personal assistant available on the iPhone product of Apple Inc.
- Can You Feel It and Christmas Soul were both released before this episode premiered.
- Ally appeared at the end of the Face to Face music video, but she had horrible stage fright at the time of this episode.
- When they are paying for the cab ride Austin should have been able to pay for it since he was able to pay for the practice room remodel & the piano in Partners & Parachutes.
| To view the Big Dreams & Big Apples gallery, click here.