|“||You better not leave any hairs behind. She has enough money to clone you.||”|
“Austin & Jessie & Ally All Star New Year”
Season 2, Episode 6
December 7, 2012
Wayne Conley (Austin & Ally segment)
"Austin & Jessie & Ally" also known as "Austin & Jessie & Ally: All Star New Year" is an hour long crossover event with the two hit Disney Channel series, Austin & Ally and JESSIE. This crossover is the first crossover of both shows as well as the first hour long event of both shows. The special consists of two parts, but aired as one hour long episode. The first part is titled, Big Dreams & Big Apples (the Austin & Ally episode) and the second part is titled, Nanny In Miami (the Jessie episode.) The episode aired on December 7, 2012 to 4.8 million viewers.
When Austin is scheduled to perform at Times Square on New Years Eve, Team Austin works on ways to get them to New York on time, but eventually have to get help from Jessie, who comes up with a scheme to not only get Austin to his performance on time, but eventually to get him to record one of her songs and make her famous.
Episode SummaryAustin, Ally, Trish, and Dez take a trip to New York where Austin is set to perform for the ball drop on New Year's at Times Square. After many setbacks including a phone calling and booking the wrong area, an airplane flight, setting down short of the actual destination, and a taxi ride with a lack of money causing them to get kicked out, Team Austin make it to Time's Square where they encounter Jessie and Emma, who had come to the ball drop after Emma convinced Jessie with the mention of Ryan Seacrest. Team Austin mentions their dilemma to Jessie and Emma, and through her helicopter flying skills, Jessie flies them up to the top of the building where Austin is supposed to perform. Austin performs just in time, starting with a great entry, and everything seems to be going fine until the cast of Jessie realize that Zuri is missing. Part 1 officially ends when Zuri is revealed to be in the big, shiny ball and then is brought down by the family members. Austin, Ally, Trish, and Dez find themselves without money or any place to stay. When Jessie and the Ross kids agree to let them stay, Jessie receives a chance to get Austin to record one of her songs, thus boosting her to the stardom she longs for. When giving all her songs to Austin and Ally, she accidentally gives them Zuri's poem on imaginary friends too, which the friend duo mistake to be her only good song. Austin and Ally tell her that they like Zuri's poem which they think is her song, and through that, Jessie and the rest of the Ross kids head to Miami with Team Austin so that Jessie and Austin can perform together at their local Miami mall. Many times, Jessie tries to either sabotage or change the song multiple times, including a guitar breakage, purposely getting Zuri out of the room, and at the end, causing Ally to have to create a tab for Jessie. The performance day finally arrives, and Jessie, due to guilt, admits that she didn't write the song; Zuri wrote the poem. Austin, although surprised by this shock, still asks Jessie to sing with him, and she does. The one hour crossover special and Part 2 officially ends when the Jessie cast minus Bertram get back to New York and see Bertram playing with his toy train set.
Austin: Ally, is this really happening?
Ally: Believe it, Austin. It's real. Just like zebras.
Dez: (Shakes his head doubtfully)
Ally: (Staring at him strangely)
Austin: Why are you staring at me like that?
Ally: Oh, I started tearing up during your performance and my eyes froze open.
Dez: Now that you've achieved this dream, what's next?
Austin: To borrow a warmer jacket. MAN, New York is cold...
Ally: (About Emma) You better not leave any hairs behind. She has enough money to clone you.
Austin: (Singing Face 2 Face) Let's go get some pancakes!
Trish: Close, our local mall in Miami.
Jessie: I don't know, it's kind of short notice to take the kids to Miami.
Bertram: throws luggages down stairs.
Jessie: breaks guitar
Jessie: What? I thought we needed some more tune. Rock and roll am I right?
Jessie: If you want to smash something it's okay, I've got a tab.
Zuri: No, I'm cool.
Jessie: Wait, you're not mad?
Emma: (hugging Austin) Ahh!
Ally: I told you New Yorkers are weird.
- Hey Jessie, Can't Do It Without You (mashup of two show's theme songs; premiere)
- Christmas Soul (premiere)
- Can You Feel It (premiere)
- Face 2 Face (premiere)
Austin & Ally Cast
- Ross Lynch as Austin Moon
- Laura Marano as Ally Dawson
- Raini Rodriguez as Trish De la Rosa
- Calum Worthy as Dez Wade
- Debby Ryan as Jessie Prescott
- Peyton List as Emma Ross
- Cameron Boyce as Luke Ross
- Karan Brar as Ravi Ross
- Skai Jackson as Zuri Ross
- Kevin Chamberlin as Bertram Winkle
- Richard Whiten as Jimmy Starr
- J.R. Nutt as Tim
- Ryan Bollman as Tommy Clarkson
- Jet Jurgensmeyer as Stevie
- Anna Vocino as Cheeri
- Jill Basey as the Old Lady Passenger
- Justin Uretz as Cop
- Several references from previous episodes were made in this episode. One example was Dez repeatedly sticking random things in his pot of fondue which resembles his actions with the fryer in Bloggers & Butterflies. Also, when Team Austin didn't have enough money to properly pay for their taxi fare in New York and the taxi driver kicked them out near the hotel where Jessie and the Ross.'s live, it resembles the events of the Jessie pilot, New York, New Nanny, where Jessie got kicked out of the taxi after not having enough money.
- This was the first crossover for both Jessie and Austin & Ally.
- This is the first Christmas special for Austin & Ally; this is the second Christmas special for Jessie.
- According to DisneyChannel.com, the episode name for the Austin & Ally part of the episode is Big Dreams & Big Apples whereas the Jessie part of the episode is Nanny In Miami.
- This is the first episode that the Austin & Ally theme song wasn't used.
- Out of all of Season 2, this special featured the greatest amount of new songs.
- This was Disney Channel's first Christmas and New Years Eve crossover
- Cheeri is a parody of Apple's Siri.
| To view the Austin & Jessie & Ally All Star New Year gallery, click here.