|“||It'll be the last P he ever takes!||”|
When there's a thief on the loose in the Miami Beach mall, Ally and Trish come up with ideas to catch him. But when the clues all point off to Austin, they have to confront him and Dez, learning that Austin was framed. They find out that the thief steals from stores in alphabetical order. They also put every instrument beginning with "P" in an easy place.
- Ross Lynch as Austin Moon
- Laura Marano as Ally Dawson
- Raini Rodriguez as Trish De la Rosa
- Calum Worthy as Dez Wade
- Ithamar Enriquez as Delivery Man/Alphabet Bandit
- Jim Hoffmaster as Pete
- Greg Workswick as Billl
- Mike Hennessey as Computer Store Owner (uncredited)
Dez: Don't look now, it's that cute girl from the bathing suit store. (Austin turns his head around) I just said don't look now!
Austin: When can I look?
Dez: Wait, don't you have practice with Ally at 4?
Austin: Oh yeah... What time is it now?
Lester: I know. Last week, someone stole a guitar pick! I-I'm just sick about it!
Ally: We give those away for free...
Delivery Guy: It's funny: the guy at the coffee shop gives you coffee, and he gets a tip. And, how heavy is a cup of coffee? Not as heavy as all these boxes I carry.
Lester: You know right, you're right. It's not fair! You should get a job at the coffee shop. (gives him high-five)
Ally: What'd you get?
Lester: A little something to help me catch the mall thief. A state of the art security camera.
Trish: Guess who got a job at the Yarn Barn? I spent my first day knitting this scarf instead of working.
Ally: That scarf would really come in handy, if we didn't live in Miami.
Trish: Hey, aren't you supposed to be rehearsing with Austin?
Ally: He still hasn't shown up. This is the third this week he's been late.
Austin: You can't set a time for creativity.
Ally: Yeah you can, it was 4 o'clock.
Ally: As president of the Mall Association, I assure you, we're doing the best we can to catch the thief.
Lester: Well, your best isn't good enough!
Ally: One last thing: I know this is kind of obvious, but until the thief is caught, the police suggested we shouldn't leave our stores unattended. (crowd is silent for a moment; they then all run towards their store)
Ally: Thanks. (delivery guy coughs a lot to get Ally's attention) Here's a cough drop.
Delivery Guy: Thanks.
Trish: You're pretty lucky. It seems like you're the only store in the mall who hasn't been robbed yet.
Ally: It's not luck, Trish. I've been watching this store like a hawk; there's no way anyone's gonna rob ol' Hawkeye Dawson. ...Someone robbed me!
Ally: This must be the thief.
Trish/Ally: Austin.../No way...
Trish: I am his manager and his friend. Do you really think I'd sell him out for a surf board, a tanning salon coupon, some sunglasses, a free massage chair, some jeans, a flat screen TV- He's my friend. He's my friend. He's my friend.
Ally: Look, I know Austin, and he's not a thief. I'm gonna give him a chance to explain himself.
Austin: Be cool.
Dez: Got it. Cool. (door opens, they see Ally) AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Ally: You gotta a lot of nice instruments in here. Get any new ones?
Ally: You sure you don't have anything you'd like to tell me? Like, uh, some big secret?
Austin: Uh-uh, my middle name's Monica.
Austin: Look, from now on, whenever you need me, I'm available. Just now right now, I'm not available.
Ally: I guess he really is the Mall Thief
Trish: Then don't you think it's your duty as president of the Mall association to tun over the security tape?
Ally: He won't go to jail unless they actually catch him with the guitar.
Austin: Hi, Ally.
Ally: The mall association thinks you're the thief.
Dez: We want Austin. We want Austin.
Austin: Okay. Here's what we know. So far, the thief has stolen an air conditioner, a boogie board, a cowboy hat, some-
Dez: I got it. He's a sweaty cowboy who loves to surf. Or he's a sweaty surfer who loves to rides horses. Either way, he is sweaty.
Ally: The thief's gonna come in, see the piccolo, trip the wire and get trapped in the cage. Can I get a "what what"?
Dez: I still think this trap is better.
Trish: A giant glue mouse trap?
Austin: Here, Ally. I want you to have this calendar. It has all the days I'm available to work with you.
Ally: But it's blank.
Dez: Since all four of us helped catch the thief, Trish is going to share the rewards with us. Isn't she nice?
Trish: Okay let's see. Ally, you take this really cool pen. I'll take this flat screen TV. Dez, you take this candle. I'll take this laptop. Austin you take this keychain. And I guess I'll take this trip to Hawaii. Aloha.
Austin: If anyone asks I came up with that.
Trish: Nobody's going to ask that.
- This episode was a part of Disney Channel's Whodunit? Weekend, airing April 13-15, 2012.
- It is revealed that Austin's middle name is Monica.
- This episode is featured on the first Austin & Ally DVD, Austin & Ally: All the Write Moves!.
- When Dez is stuck to the mouse trap he is wearing a top with a QR code on and if it is read it says Dez Gee.
- Trish was hired and most likely fired from The Yarn Barn.
- The blanket that Trish knitted is a recurring object in this episode. It has been featured at least 3 times
- This episode title refers to the numerous burglaries taking place in the Mall of Miami, and Ally, Trish, and Dez getting caught in their own boobytraps they set up to catch the thief.
- Dez's outfit he wore in this episode was the same outfit he wore in the opening theme song, Can't Do It Without You.
- It is revealed that Dez had a pet ostrich.
- It was revealed in this episode that Austin and Ally are big fans of Bruno Mars.
- The truck that the delivery guy was loading his goods into said Fred Ex, which is a parody of FedEx.
- The actor that played Billl is the same actor that played Zilch in Eggs & Extraterrestrials.
- The scene where everyone came into Sonic Boom holding pitchforks seemed a little too violent for a Disney Show because it's obvious they wanted to hurt him with pitchforks. However Ally refused to let them so it's not that bad.
- When Dez walked up with the glue trap stuck to him he was in a different position than before.
- It is impossible that Dez could have stood up when he was stuck to the glue trap because his feet were too far away from the bottom of the trap.
- It's impossible that Trish & Ally could have gotten out the store door because the cage was too wide and tall.
To view the Burglaries & Boobytraps transcript, click here.