|“||"Rupert ate my cereal, Nigel stole my trousers, stop mocking me, Trish!"||”|
— Trish, mocking Boynado.
"Buzzcuts & Beginnings" is the 1st episode in Season 4 of Austin & Ally and the 68th episode overall. It aired on January 18, 2015. This was the 1st episode to be filmed in Season 4. The premiere got 3.1 million viewers on the premiere night
The gang shares an emotional reunion in Miami at Ally's triumphant homecoming gig. When Austin learns that the foursome's time together is only temporary, he contemplates enrolling in military school.
The episode starts with Austin performing "A Billion Hits" in front of a screaming crowd, which is quickly revealed to be a daydream he has while on Ally's tour.
Dez and Trish are in Miami to surprise Austin and Ally for the last show of the tour. As the friends catch up, we find out that Ally is having an amazing tour. Carrie has landed a modeling gig as the new girl on the cover of "Is There Something In My Teeth?" Dez has finished the summer session at film school and is shooting a movie in Miami. Austin is miserable about not playing music. And Boynado, the British boy band Trish has been touring with, has been driving her crazy.
After the last show of Ally's tour, Austin, who has been looking forward to going back to school and things returning to normal, learns that Trish is planning on getting her diploma online so she can keep touring with Boynado, Dez is returning to Los Angeles after his short film in Miami wraps up, and Ally has been booked a European tour starting in a week, leaving Austin to spend his senior year alone. He asks his mom for advice, and Mimi reveals that she fell into a similar slump when she was his age, so she decided to go to military school, where she got the "confidence, structure, and discipline" her life had been missing and met Austin's father (they had mixers every weekend with the kids from the mattress academy).
Meanwhile, Ally, Trish, and Dez realize that none of them want to be going their separate ways. Dez reveals that he was sad and lonely at film school without his friends, and Carrie dumped him a month ago. (He also hasn't brushed his teeth since the breakup because Carrie is the new face of Aquasmile, and he can't bear the sight of toothpaste anymore.) Trish admits that her summer touring with Boynado was less than enjoyable because the boys were driving her nuts. And Ally is not thrilled to be going back on tour because she's going to miss Austin and was really looking forward to her senior year. They realize they are all going off to do things they don't want to do and decide to stay in Miami and enjoy their senior year together.
But when they go to tell Austin, Mimi Moon delivers them a letter from Austin. They learn that he has decided to military school and has already left because he didn't have the heart to say goodbye. They rush off to stop him before he's officially enrolled.
When they arrive at the school, they have half an hour before registration (although Dez is more concerned with the fact that, according to the schedule, Austin is at the school barber to have his head shaved). Blustering, Ally and Trish attempt to distract the guard while Dez repeatedly tries and fails to sneak in. After Dez gives them away, the guard reveals that they were just wasting their time (students have visitors all the time; they just have to sign in).
They arrive at the barber's just as he is shaving the head of a blonde boy (who turns out not to be Austin). They tell Austin the good news, and the four celebrate with a group hug.
At the end of the episode, Austin and Dez are eating Chinese takeout and singing a Boynado song when Ally and Trish stage an intervention and forcibly brush Dez's teeth.
Dez: No, not the hair!
Ally to Dez: This is for your own good!
Dez: Carrie broke up with me, a month ago. I was too embarrassed to tell anyone. I don't wanna go back to L.A., I lied, it wasn't fun. I was sad and lonely there without you guys.
- Ross Lynch as Austin Moon
- Laura Marano Ally Dawson
- Raini Rodriguez as Trish De la Rosa
- Calum Worthy as Dez Wade
- Jill Benjamin as Mimi Moon
- Jason Sims-Prewitt as Guard
- Phillip Chbeeb as Dancer
- Marko Germar as Dancer
- Cyrus Spencer as Dancer 
- Sasha Mallory as Dancer
- Natasha Kassar as Dancer
- Chris Nuñez as Drummer
- The cast had the table read of this episode on October 13, 2014.
- This episode began filming on October 16, 2014.
- This is the Season 4 premiere episode.
- This episode is the debut of the brand new Austin & Ally opening title sequence where it is re-filmed with the current looks from cast, clips from the show are added, and Laura Marano sings the theme song, Can't Do It Without You, with Ross Lynch.
- Since it's season premiere, character's hair changed: Ally's hair is shorter, Austin's is longer and Dez's has a sort of lock.
- Trish's hair remained the same.
- Moon's Mattress Kingdom appears for the first time in this episode.
- Mimi Moon appears without her husband Mike Moon in this episode for the first time.
- Austin and Ally reunite with Trish and Dez after being away from each other for a while, Austin and Ally on Ally's tour, Trish away working with her boy band client, and Dez in L.A. at film school.
- A new song by Ally titled "No Place Like Home" is performed in this episode.
- At the end of Relationships & Red Carpets, Austin was no longer allowed to make music or perform shows as long as we was under a Starr Records contract after he disobeyed Jimmy who told him that he could not publicize his relationship with Ally. In this episode, Austin still cannot make music and perform shows which means he has not done any music for all of Ally's tour.
- This is the first episode where Austin and Ally are a couple from the start of the season, since they got back together in Last Dances & Last Chances.
- Dez reveals in this episode that he and Carrie broke up a month earlier. The reason is unknown.
- The episode premiered before the premiere of Disney Channel's new series starring Zendaya, K.C. Undercover.
- During the premiere of the episode, the hashtag "#AustinAndAllySeason4" was trending on Twitter worldwide.
- The tag scene at the end where Ally and Trish were holding Dez down to brush his teeth was also shot with Ally and Trish wearing hazmat suits but it was decided not to be used.
- This is the third time that we see an Austin's dream.
To view the Buzzcuts & Beginnings transcript, click here.
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/01/21/sunday-cable-ratings-real-housewives-of-atlanta-ufc-fight-night-win-night-shameless-the-librarians-total-divas-girls-more/352821/
- ↑ http://www.disneychannelmedianet.com/DNR/2014/DC_January_2015.pdf
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 Imdb page
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3743990/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
- ↑ https://twitter.com/5sosftmarano/status/556978432459177984
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Pickle_Pancakes/status/557032577005912064