|“||Can I take you out to dinner to celebrate?||”|
“Couples & Careers”
Season 2, Episode 14
May 5, 2013
"Couples & Careers" is the thirteenth episode in Season 2 of Austin & Ally and the 32nd episode overall. It first aired in the United States on May 5, 2013. The episode was the twelfth episode filmed of season 2. On the night of its premiere, it earned approximately 3.7 million viewers.
OverviewAustin goes on his first date with his new girlfriend Ally. However, their date gets ruined when bad luck keeps happening. Meanwhile, Ally is getting suspicious about her relationship with Austin. On the other hand, Dez and Trish team up to film their favorite scene from the Zaliens movie series, hoping to win the contest so that they can then watch "Zaliens 8 My Brains" early at the premiere of it.
Episode SummaryAfter Ally successfully gets a "hole in one" in "Clarinet Golf", Austin decides they need to go on their first official date. But when everything gets awkward during the date, they are unsure if they should stay together or break up. Trish gets them a gig to come up with a song to write for an upcoming cartoon film. While they try to come up with a song for the cartoon film "Butch & Bitey," Austin and Ally tell Trish and Dez how awkward they've been together since becoming a couple. When Austin and Ally try to write the song, they're too scared of hurting each other's feelings now that they're dating, so they compromise with the song ideas, but it ends up turning into a horrible song. When they realize how bad it is, the producer comes in and Austin and Ally end up fighting in front of the producer. Austin calls Ally "weak" and Ally calls him "childish." The producer doesn't produce their song but he gets goo all over him when he shakes a stuffed animal. When Austin and Ally get back to the sonic boom and in the practice room, they both tell each other how it was much easier to hang out when they weren't dating. Ally suggests that they're not ready to be a couple just yet. They break up but they agree to remain friends and partners. They hug and they go back to the same cafe they went to for their first date, but just as friends.
Meanwhile, Trish and Dez discover that "Zaliens 8: My Brains" is coming out, and if they make the best movie of their favorite Zaliens scene, they can win four tickets to see it early, so the entire Team Austin can go. After shooting the scene, they submit it and they win the contest.
- Ross Lynch as Austin Moon
- Laura Marano as Ally Dawson
- Raini Rodriguez as Trish De la Rosa
- Calum Worthy as Dez Wade
Ally: Yes! I got a horn in one!
Austin: You rock at Clarinet Golf! Can I take you out to dinner to celebrate?
Ally: Austin Monica Moon, are you asking me out on our first official date?
Austin: Why yes I am, Ally I-don't-know-your-middle-name Dawson.
Austin: I want to take you to Illusions Magic Cafe. The waiters are magicians, and your hunger will disappear!
Ally: Awesome! Pick me up at 7:30! [mimics Austin's previous tone]
Trish: Guess who's the best manager in the world? Ehh, time's up! It's me!
Ally: It's nice that someone's making an original movie for a change, and not some cheesy, mindless sequel.
Dez: Guys, the new Zaliens sequel's coming out!
Dez: Zaliens Eight My Brains. Get it? It's like "They ate my brains", but it's the number 8! [starts laughing]
Austin: [looks at poster] Coming soon? I can't wait that long.
Trish: With Dez's awesome directing and my amazing acting, we're gonna win.
Ally: Did you just compliment Dez?
Trish: Uh, whaaaaaaaat? You can't prove that.
Trish: Who keeps their books in their locker?
- Ally is revealed to have a middle name that is unknown by Austin.
- Zaliens 8 is mentioned in this episode.
- Trish compliments Dez for the first time.
- Austin asks Ally on their first date.
- They go to a restaurant called "Illusions Magic Cafe".
- Trish and Dez win a Contest for Zaliens 8 tickets for the premiere.
- The episode was shot on September 14, 2012.
- This will be the first episode to include bloopers at the end.
- This is the second episode where Trish and Dez dress up as Zaliens.
- Austin seemed more romantic to his girlfriend, Ally, than his other ones.
- They do the hand-shake/hug like they did in the first episode.
- The cafe they go to may be based off of the song Illusion, what with the name and levitating chairs.
- Another movie from the popular Zaliens franchise is mentioned in this episode.
- The Zalien costumes that Trish and Dez wore in Zaliens & Cloud Watchers are back in this episode.
- A popular Zaliens concept, brain-sucking, is seen in this episode.
- Austin and Ally remain as friends and partners after their breakup (take a break).
- Butch & Bitey may have been a parody of Austin & Ally.
- Ally is shown to have gone through character development- she was willingly playing clarinet golf, whereas in the 1st season, she would have gotten mad at Austin for playing with the instruments.
- This episode received 3.67 million viewers on the night of its premiere. [1
- Dez mentions one of his relatives-a cousin who has apparently just gotten married.
- On the Butch & Bitey poster in the producers office, underneath the title, is one of the Austin & Ally writers, Samantha Silver.
- This episode is no longer the last episode with the 'Auslly Arc' since it continues in Real Life & Reel Life.
- This is the only episode in the Auslly Arc that doesn't feature Kira, besides Real Life & Reel Life.
- Even though Austin and Ally break up, they agree that they will get back together when they both think they're ready to be a couple again,which is most likely to be in Season 3.
- When Dez wears the Zalien costume, you can see the muten logo that used in Dragonball.
- This was the second episode to do with zaliens. The first was Zaliens & Cloud Watchers, and third will be Eggs & Extraterrestrials.
- Zaliens 8 was mentioned in this episode, but in Zaliens & Cloud Watchers, Dez mentioned how he already saw Zaliens 1-14. However Dez may have researched Zaliens and found out there was 14 movies ordered for the Zalien movie series. Thus, it should be Zaliens 15.
- Since Austin is very famous, he could have been invited to the premiere, so Dez and Trish didn't really need to make a video, since Austin could have invited them to go with him.
- Ally seemed excited for the Zaliens movie, despite hating scary movies.
To view the Couples & Careers transcript, click here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjZCXuOEcaU - Austin and Ally Couples and Careers Preview Beginning
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly6Sa021Qyg -First Date Scene-Couples and Careers almost the beginning
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJWnk3LzzFk - Couples and Careers Last Part with Bloopers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x0vdOQ1BTk - Austin & Ally- Couples & Careers Promo