|“||Greetings, from the world of tomorrow!||”|
“Future Sounds & Festival Songs”
Season 2, Episode 21
July 28, 2013
Francisco Angones and Amy Higgins
"Future Sounds & Festival Songs" is the twentieth episode of Season 2 of Austin & Ally and the 39th episode overall. It was the twenty sixth and last episode to be filmed in season 2. It aired on July 28th, 2013 from 8:30 PM EST to 9 PM EST. It earned 3.32 million viewers on the night of its premiere.
OverviewWhen Austin gets shocked by the Tune-Pro 3000, he dreams he's transported to a fantastical future, he realizes that advanced technology can feel less personal when it comes to song writing, and learns to appreciate the traditional process. 
In the beginning of the episode, Austin's invited to the World Music Festival by Jimmy; he tells Austin to write a new song for the occasion before leaving. Meanwhile, Austin and Dez head to the International Invention Convention, where he comes across the Tune Pro 3000. He wants to take a short-cut on writing the new song while Ally wants to write the song the traditional way. During this, the machine falls to the floor and breaks.
Austin attempts to fix it, and when he 'has,' he touches it and gets shocked. He wakes up 332 years in the future--or the year 2345--and is at first wooed by everything in the future. After he finds out that music does not truly exist--their idea of music is strange sounds--he attempts to get his friends' help in writing a song the traditional way to bring
the present to the future. He performs Timeless and halfway through the song, the white clothes that everyone was wearing are transformed into colorful clothing--they all enjoy the song, and then Austin gets shocked by a Tune Pro again. He awakens and finds himself back in the year 2013; he finds out that it was all a dream, but the end suggests that the future could truly be that way.
- Ross Lynch as Austin Moon /Austin-bot
- Laura Marano as Ally Dawson
- Raini Rodriguez as Trish De La Rosa
- Calum Worthy as Dez Wade
Ally: Hey Nelson. How's the school election going?
Nelson: Great, who ever gets the most coats becomes president.
Ally: Wow! Those shirts are really made out of napkins?
Austin: That convention had so many cool things! Here Ally, I got you something. [Lifts and places the Tune Pro 3000 on the counter.]Ally: The Tune Pro 3000?
Austin: This the future of music. You plug in a few notes, hit a few buttons,and...[Tune Pro makes weird sounds and then plays music.]
Austin: [holds Ally's hands and plays the keyboard] So this is a C chord. And this is a D chord. With a little practice you... [Ally plays at the keyboard] totally don't need my help!
Ally: Wow! What the heck was that?
Ally: Oh, how'd your talk with Jimmy go?
Austin: Not good. He replaced me with a robot!
Trish: What do you think of my new ring?
Ally: That is a nice shade of white.
- This episode is part of Disney's first ever Flash Forward Weekend.
- It is revealed that Dez's dad likes to invent things.
- This episode is in Austin's point of view.
- This is the second time we see Austin's dreams. The first was in Managers & Meatballs
- This is the first time we see Ally's hair in a ponytail.
- When Trish shows Ally her new ring, Ally says that it was a nice shade of white, but later on in the episode, you see that Trish's ring was actually beige.
- When Dez is saying "I know" to Austin after Austin said thats the robot, you can see the "robot" blink.
- It is curious why Team Austin isn't old or dead in 322 years in the future. However, it was just a dream.
- The future is only supposed to be white, but the Tune-Pro and the pull sign on the door were black. There was also sliver and blue lights everywhere.
- You can obviously tell that when Austin is talking to the Austin-Bot that he's talking to a stunt double because the hair does not look like Ross' hair at all.
- When Team Austin were performing Timeless" Trish left the Guitar and it fell down but,in the next scene it was settled straight.
To view the Future Sounds & Festival Songs transcript, click here.