|“||Sometimes the perfect girl is closer than you think.||”|
“Girlfriends & Girl Friends”
Season 2, Episode 8
January 27, 2013
Austin wants to go on a date with Kira, but she thinks that Austin and Ally are in love. With Austin wanting to make the perfect date to prove to Kira that it's not what she thinks, he asks Ally for help. After a small practice date, Ally confesses to Trish that she has a crush on Austin and problems start to happen.
Episode SummaryThe episode starts out with the song "No Ordinary Day" being revealed as the #1 Song of the Day, and Kira comes in to congratulate them. While doing so, Austin, Ally, Trish, and Dez notice a lack of a strong flaw in Kira: her horrendous breath has been cured!
Because of this, Austin wants to ask Kira out on a date. The first time, Ally tries to make it subtle by complimenting Austin. The second time, Austin directly asks her out, and Kira laughs it off, suspecting that Austin and Ally have a thing for each other. Austin calls that crazy, and Kira agrees to go on the date, but when a simple bouquet of flowers for Ally in exchange for the Extreme Wrestling tickets gift, and for helping him make it to #1, turns into numerous bouquets, Kira calls off the date, thinking once more that Austin and Ally like each other. It doesn't help that bouquets also include a card special card that Austin wrote for her, There's no way I can make it without you, and that Dez shoots a video of the exchange while trying to keep Kira out of the shot.
Austin and Ally plan the perfect date for Kira. Originally he wants to take her to see a slasher film, but Ally suggests an apparent silent French romance movie being shown in a nearby park. Ally describes the scenario she thinks he'll face when he's with Kira which he seems to be more willing to expect from their date. However, during their now shared description of their impending date, Ally starts having feelings for Austin. She later tells Trish this, and throughout the rest of the episode, Trish drops subtle hints about the crush.
Right after Austin leaves with the perfect date idea- a picnic in the park feasting on a mostly meat meal with pickles while watching a silent film- Dez reveals that the date idea is exactly what Kira doesn't like. He says that her MyFace page revealed a lot about her, including the facts that she doesn't like old movies, grass makes her itchy, the slightest smell of pickles makes her want to puke, and she doesn't eat meat. On top of that, Trish reveals that Ally is wearing the Kira necklace, making them realize that Austin has the Ally necklace with him.
They try to fix the date. Ally first tries to swap picnic baskets with a couple who has a more "Kira-like" meal, but when the man recognizes his mother's homemade fetttuccine and fights with it with Austin, the fettuccine ends up spilling all over Kira. After that, Austin is about to give Kira the Ally necklace when she pops up, and tries to say that Austin has the wrong necklace. She gives off the wrong idea, and at that very moment, Dez's distraction pops in; the park sprinklers go off.Ally and Trish expect them to not go on a second date, but to their surprise, Austin and Kira had a great first date playing zombie games at Dez's house, and are looking forward to a second date. Kira then apologizes to Ally for having assumed that she purposely tried to ruin the date, and Austin thanks Ally once more before they both leave.
Trish heads up to the practice room, and Ally stays down for a moment. She re-reads the card that Austin wrote for her, There's no way I can make it without you, and puts it in her songbook diary with a sense of disappointment before heading upstairs. As Ally and Trish feast on the picnic leftovers, jokingly acting like a couple in a way, Ally wishes that Dez were there to help them finish up the meal, and Trish wonders where he is. The scene then cuts to Dez watching the romantic silent film in the park while the park sprinklers are still going off, and the episode then ends.
Trish: ...So what'd I miss?
Austin: Video Countdown Live is almost over, and still no sign of No Ordinary Day.
Ally: That means No Ordinary Day is either number 1 or out of the Top Ten completely.
Kira: My Dad knew you were going to be #1 and asked me to give you these. (hands him wrestling tickets)
Austin: Ultimate Wrestling tickets?! Yes! (Does his 'what up' with Dez)
Trish: Oh, Ultimate Wrestling tickets... (sarcastically) Something we can all enjoy...
Kira: Sure! As long as you promise not to order garlic and anchovy pizza. I used to eat it every day but I think it made my breath stink...
Ally: You kidding me?
Ally: What you need is for someone to subtly talk you up. Allow me. (grabs napkins that Kira brings back) Thanks, Kira. How amazing is Austin? He's funny, talented, awesome dancer, can count to ten in Spanish, has amazing hair... (shortly strokes his hair) What am I forgetting?
Trish: Just the subtly part.
Kira: (Notices their interaction) You're right, Ally. He's a good one.
Austin: So Kira, I was maybe wondering if maybe you'd want to, you know, go out sometime? Like on a date?
Kira: A date? Are you being serious?
Dez: Whoa! The zoom on my new camera is amazing! By the way Trish, I think you have a tiny cavity on your upper left wisdom tooth.
Trish: You have a giant cavity where your brain should be.
Austin: Kira, can I get you another slice?
Ally: (about Kira) I say go for it. Follow your heart. Don't let anyone get in your way. (turns around)
Dez: (blocking her with his camera)
Ally: (annoyed) Dez, you're in my way.
Ally: Imagine! Kira's there, her eyes sparkling in the moonlight. Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle, sparkle. The breeze blowing her hair, Breeze, breeze, breeze, breeze. What can you do to show her how you feel?
Austin: I can get her a gift! Oh, I know! I'll get her a necklace with her name on it just like yours!
Austin: Better get to my perfect date. Don't want to keep the perfect girl waiting.
Trish: Sometimes, the perfect girl is closer than you think.
Ally: (looks at her as if to say 'Dude, why?!')
Austin: I'm going to make sure Kira knows how much you helped. There's no way she'll still think we like each other.
Ally: No way! Pal! (awkwardly attempts a second playful punch)
Ally: I like Austin, Heart Shaped Salami's...
Trish: Wait, say that again.
Ally: Okay! I've got everything ready for Austin's date! He said he wanted to give Kira a necklace like my Ally one, so I had the jewelry store copy mine.
Trish: You should have gotten one for yourself that says, "I'm not even going to try to go after the boy of my dreams!"
Ally: I genuinely want them to have a perfect date.
Dez: Well then, I hope you packed a lot of vegetables.
Trish: Look on the bright side. Austin and Kira are definitely not going on a second date.
Kira: That was the best date ever! I can't wait to go on a second date!
Kira: Ally, I'm sorry I thought you liked Austin. What you did to try and save the date tonight proves you don't.
Ally: (gives a sad smile)
Trish: (nervous) Yup. That proves it.
Ally: (reading Austin's note) There's no way I can make it without you... (smiles sadly; slips the note into her songbook)
Trish: Heart Shaped Salami?
Ally: I thought you'd never ask. Too bad Dez isn't here to help us finish all of this...
- Ross Lynch as Austin Moon
- Laura Marano as Ally Dawson
- Raini Rodriguez as Trish De La Rosa
- Calum Worthy as Dez
- The first promo for this episode aired on January 11, 2013.
- In this episode, Ally reveals her feelings for Austin.
- In this episode, Kira doesn't have bad breath like in the previous episode.
- Austin tries to ask Kira out, but it doesn't work out the first time because of Trish giving Ally too many flowers than what Austin asked for.
- This episode is the second episode to air in 2013.
- In this episode, Kira finally thinks that Austin & Ally like each other.
- This episode was thought to be the start of the romance between Austin & Ally, yet it did not happen like many people thought.
- Kira reveals that she's been playing guitar since she was 4.
- No Ordinary Day was the #1 video of the day that this episode starts on Video Countdown Daily.
- The episode title refers to Kira, becoming a girlfriend to Austin, and Ally remaining a close friend, to Austin, that is a girl.
- This is the first episode that has two "topics" that are said the same. The second is Real Life & Reel Life.
- This is Kira's second appearance in this episode.
- This episode begins the 'Auslly Arc'
- Kira left after eating but when she leaves, you can still see the four slices of pizza on her plate.
- In Backups & Breakups, we learn that Austin likes romance movies. But in this episode, he is disappointed when Ally suggests that he and Kira watch an actual romantic movie on their date. But he could of not liked the idea because it was silent.
- They say Dez has an awesome basement but Miami can't have basements.
- Austin got help from Ally to plan the perfect date, but he and Brooke had two dates so he didn't need help.
- Kira supposedly doesn't eat meat, however in Ferris Wheels & Funky Breath Kira is eating Garlic and Anchovy pizza (Anchovy is meat)
- 13 March, 2013 (Disney Channel Australia)
| To view the Girlfriends & Girl Friends gallery, click here.