SEVENTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS
|On the SEVENTH day of Christmas Austin gave to Ally...|
Thinking back on when Austin and Ally were crowned prom king and queen gives Austin the sweetest idea. For her fourth gift, Austin gets Ally
|Check back here tomorrow for the starting EIGHTH DAY clue!|
|“||Now, this is exactly how I pictured tonight||”|
“Last Dances & Last Chances”
Season 3, Episode 17
August 24th, 2014
Kevin Kopelow & Heath Seifert
"Last Dances & Last Chances" is the seventeenth episode in Season 3 of Austin & Ally. The episode aired on August 24, 2014. This was the 16th episode to be filmed in Season 3. The episode earned 2.215 million views on it's premiere night.
Carrie threatens to tell her sister Piper, who happens to be Austin's prom date, that he'd rather be at the prom with Ally. Meanwhile, Piper is growing suspicious of Austin's relationship with Ally.
The episode starts off with flashbacks from the previous episode, then picks up where the last episode left off. Carrie decides not to tell Piper the truth,but then threatens to ruin Austin's night if he doesn't make it special for Piper. Ally then walks up to Austin and Piper, and Austin tries to act normal around Piper, but hurts Ally's feelings in the process.
In the second scene, Dez walks up to Austin. Austin then confesses to Dez that he would rather be with Ally than with Piper, much to Dez's happiness. When Piper walks up to them both, and Carrie, Dez gets nervous and runs off, making Piper ask Austin what's wrong with him.
Meanwhile, Trish is now having to deal with hanging around both Jace and Chuck, but its more difficult than she thought. Dez comes over to Austin and asks him to his dance partner for the compertition, but he says no. Kimmy then announces that Austin and Ally have won prom king and queen much to their shock, and they then share a tight hug, making Piper become even more upset about Austin's feelings for Ally. When they are dancing, Austin leaves Ally to speak to Piper, and Dez dances with Ally instead.
In the next scene, Austin breaks up with Piper to be with Ally. Piper takes it surprisingly well, figuring it better to find out then than later, and convinces Austin to let Ally know how he feels. (However, she does insist that Austin tell Ally Piper broke up with him instead of the other way round.)
Austin then comes back in. He's just about to tell his feelings to Ally when Gavin turns up, much to Ally's surprise and Austin's annoyance. Ally then goes outside and breaks up with him to be with Austin and goes back inside.
In the next scene, Dez and Trish compete in the dance contest together since their dates can't dance, and they win the contest. Kimmy then says the money will be used for Chuck's club instead, annoying both Dez and Trish.
In the next scene, Ally comes back in, and walks up to Austin after breaking up with Gavin, and tells him this, and Austin then says he broke up with Piper, much to Ally's suprise. Slow, romantic music then plays in the background, and Austin then asks Ally to dance, and she happily says yes. When they're dancing, Ally asks Austin why he broke up with Piper, and he then admits he still has feelings for Ally, and she says she still has feelings for Austin, too, and they both have never stopped having feelings for each other. Austin then asks Ally out and she happily says yes. They then share their third kiss, hug and finally get back together, with Trish and Dez watching in the background.
In the final scene, Dez is seen dancing with Carrie, and Trish is seen dancing with Jace. Jace then reveals that he found out that Trish went to prom with Chuck, much to her shock, and he knows she wanted the prize money to see Jace, making her happy. Austin and Ally are then seen dancing romantically, and Ally then says her night turned out perfect, because she was with Austin, and they are seen dancing again, and the episode then ends.
- Can't Do It Without You (theme song)
- Ross Lynch as Austin Moon
- Laura Marano Ally Dawson
- Raini Rodriguez as Trish De la Rosa
- Calum Worthy as Dez
- Hayley Erin as Piper
- Hannah Kat Jones as Carrie
- Kahyun Kim as Sun Hee
- Cameron Deane Stewart as Jace
- Cameron Jebo as Gavin Young
- Cassidy Ann Shaffer as Kimmy
- John Paul Green as Chuck McCoy
Austin: (smiles) Hey, we never got to do that slow dance. Whattaya say?
Ally: (smiles) I'd love to.
[Austin and Ally start slow-dancing.]
[Trish and Dez are hugging, watching Auslly.]
Dez: Aww, this is so romantic.
Jace: For the record, I know you came to prom with Chuck.
Ally: [Smiling and dancing with Austin] Now, this is exactly how I pictured tonight. (Austin and Ally continue dancing, and the episode ends.)
- The writers tweeted the Austin & Ally Wiki the title of this episode on Twitter.
- This episode is a direct continuation of Proms & Promises.
- Austin and Piper and Ally and Gavin break up in this episode
- Austin and Ally admit they still have feelings for each other, and never stopped.
- Austin and Ally had their third kiss.
- Austin and Ally got back together in this episode.
- Trish and Dez enter the dancing contest together, and win, only to find out the money will be used for Chuck's club.
- Chuck and Sun Hee get back together.
- Austin and Ally win prom king and queen.
- At the end of the episode, Jace reveals that he found out that Trish came to prom with Chuck, and was told by Dez.
- This is the final appearance of Piper (Hayley Erin) and Gavin Young (Cameron Jebo). It's also the fourth appearance of Carrie and Jace.
- The title refers to Austin and Ally having the last dance of the evening together, and prom coming to an end, and Austin's last chance to tell Ally his feelings and win her back, which he does.
- This was the third time Auslly share a slow dance. The first time was in Club Owners & Quinceañeras, and the second time was in Princesses & Prizes.
- Despite this being the second time to have a 2 part episode, this is the first one where only one song was featured, not counting the theme song, unlike Chapters & Choices and Partners & Parachutes.
- It is revealed that Sun Hee can speak perfect English. This episode also marked Sun Hee's second appearance since Glee Clubs & Glory.
- The Auslly Arc continues in this episode, and is part 13.
- Ross Lynch revealed that the kiss wasn't scripted, but he and Laura Marano did it anyway.
- The prom is the first major event on the show, the second being the red carpet event in Relationships & Red Carpets.
- This is currently the only episode to remain in one location (the prom).
- When Trish takes drinks from the drink table, she first took two green drinks, but when she turns around one is purple and one is green.
- Chuck said that Dez lured him over to make a new friendship, but they became friends in Family & Feuds.
| To view the Last Dances & Last Chances gallery, click here.