|“||I have Team Austin. Ally writes the songs, Dez directs the videos, and Trish manages us.||”|
“Managers & Meatballs”
Season 1, Episode 7
January 29, 2012
OverviewEveryone's loyalty is put to the test when Austin is approached by hot-shot manager Demonica Dixon, who wants to sign him, promising to take him to the top of his music career. Austin is backed into the position of having to choose between his friends and the promise of fame. When he learns that Demonica has been purposely sabotaging his friendships with Ally, Dez and Trish, he sticks with his friends and gives Demonica a taste of her own medicine. This episode is mainly about testing the four friends' relationship.
Episode SummaryAustin gets wooed by a top music manager named Demonica Dixon who wants to wipe Team Austin out so she can work alone with him. She convinces him to fire off his friends, one by one. Later, Austin realizes that he misses his friends. Later, Ally and Trish and Dez find out Demonica's treachery. She throws away Ally's song without even listening to it, and sabotages Austin's Jam-A-Thon gig to make Trish look bad by having her assistant pose as Trish over the phone, impersonating her voice. The gang plots to get revenge on Demonica for what she's done to them.
Austin: Who are you?
Demonic Dixion: Demonica Dixion. I manage seven of the top acts on the pop charts. *cell pone rings* Hello. Rihanna, great. *hangs up* Make that eight. How'd would you like to be nine?
Trish: Whoa. I'm Austin's manager. Slow your boat, lady.
Ally: Yeah. Please obey the speed limit on your roll, lady.
Demonica Dixion: But it's called show business, not show friendness. Oh. Write that down.
Dez: Is friendness two words or...?
Trish: Yeah, nice try. But it takes a lot more than a fancy lunch and some background music to impress Austin.
Austin: Check it out! They turned my leftovers into a swan!
Demonica Dixion: What's your wildest dream?
Austin: That's easy. I being chased through a candy cane forest by a viking, my grandma, and a peanut vendor. They're throwing cantaloupes at me. Then, it gets weird.
Trish: Hey guys. I've been thinking about Demonica Dixion. That finger snappy, blue-tooth wearing, puppy hating thief.
Ally: How do you know she hates puppies?
Austin: Trish. You said I was supposed to preform at four.
Trish: Because you were. And I can prove it because I wrote it on a napkin. No. That's my homework assignment. I must have written it somewhere else.
Trish: I showed up 30 minutes early for our meeting on Wednesday.
Austin: The meeting was Tuesday.
Ally: She is not that disorganized.
Demonica Dixion: What is that on your elbow?
Trish: And I'm managing a new client.
Trish: Client stealer.
Demonica Dixion: I'd insult you back but you have meatballs on your head. Do I need to?
Austin: No way! Spike Stevens is going to direct my next video!
Dez: That's so awesome. Happy dance. Happy dance. Happy dance. Happy dance.
Ally: Dez is easy gong. I'm sure he's gotten over it by now
Dez: *Sobbing* I'll never get over this.
Ally: She threw away my song without even listening to it.
Trish: And she sabotaged your Jam-A-Thon gig to make me look bad.
Austin: Guys, I made a huge mistake! I shouldn't have let Demonica fire you.
Ally: What happened? What made you change your mind?
Trish: Sorry I was late I was doing manager stuff for Austin. It will never happen again.
Statue Guy: Oh I've heard that one before. Trish, you're fired. C'mon kids. Let's go.
Austin: Well, I have a way to show Demonica that I don't need her anymore.
Trish: And I have a way to show Demonica that she messed with the wrong people.
- DirectTV had mistaken this for an hour-long episode.
- Despite being Statue Guy's first appearance, it is the only time his movement is seen on-screen and his only speaking role.
- This episode premiered to 3.5 million viewers.
- Pop singer, Rihanna, was mentioned in this episode.
- Demonica Dixon makes her first and only known appearance in this episode. It is unlikely she will return.
- Trish is fired from her job as Austin's Manager, but re-hired later in the episode.
- Trish was hired and fired from It's a Racket, Meatballs, and Statue Guy's Manager.
- The episode title refers to Demonica Dixon taking Trish's role as Austin's manager, and Team Austin getting revenge on her with a tennis ball firing machine firing meatballs at Demonica.
- This is the first job Trish had had twice - managing
- When the meatball machine is firing meatballs at Demonica, when the first lot of meatballs are being fired, no sauce is visible on her shirt. But when more meatballs are being fired, and she is closer to the camera, sauce is visible on her shirt.
- The empty peanut package is actually a shortbread cookie package.
- Ally said she didn't want to go on stage but she did go on stage but didn't freak out.
| To view the Managers & Meatballs gallery, click here.