|“||No matter what, I'll be proud of you.||”|
“Moon Week & Mentors”
Season 2, Episode 24
September 15, 2013
Steve Freeman, Aaron Ho
"Moon Week & Mentors" is the twenty-fourth episode in Season 2 of Austin & Ally.It aired on the 15th of September, 2013.The episode was the twenty second episode to be filmed of season 2.The episode earned 3.556 million viewers on the night of its premiere.
Austin and Ally are asked to be celebrity judges on a singing competition show that is celebrating "Austin Moon Week."Ally takes a contestant under her wing that reminds her of her former,shy self and she and Austin work to make the girl a top contender.Meanwhile,Trish and Dez try and create the most impressive fan signs in an effort to be seen on TV. 
Austin and Ally are asked to be on the singing competition show, America's Top Talent, as celebrity guest judges for "Moon Week". When they are introduced to the three contestants, Ally sees a shy girl that reminds her of herself--Lucy, who turns out to be the joke contestant--and, to the shock of everyone else, decides to take little Lucy under her wing. However, when she and Austin work on turning Lucy into a top contender, Ally ends up controlling and changing everything about Lucy, and indirectly says that Lucy will be fine as long as she is not herself. When Ally tries to justify herself at the competition, she accidentally reveals that Lucy was taken on to be the joke contestant, which turns into a bit of a misunderstanding. Though, Ally explains herself to Lucy and tells her to just be confident in being herself. Lucy ends up performing Who I Am--as opposed to Don't Look Down, which Ally had originally told her to sing--and actually wins the entire competition.
Meanwhile, Trish and Dez create signs cheering Austin and Ally on, in hopes of making it onto the show. They fail twice--the first time, their sign is not good enough and the second time, part of their balloon sign floats away--before taking the places of the other two celebrity guest mentors, Val and Jean Paul-Paul Jean at the end of the episode.
- Can't Do It Without You (theme song)
- Break Down The Walls (cover by Agnes)
- The Way That You Do (cover by Clayton)
- Who I Am (cover by Lucy)
- I Got That Rock N' Roll
- Ross Lynch as Austin Moon
- Laura Marano as Ally Dawson
- Raini Rodriguez as Trish De la Rosa
- Calum Worthy as Dez
- Sabrina Carpenter as Lucy
- Chloe Bailey as Chloe
- Halle Bailey as Halle
- Russ Marchand as Jett Deely
- Arturo Del Puerto as Jean Paul-Paul Jean
- Saidah Arrika Ekulona as Val
- Janelle Marie as Dancer
- Maddie Simpson as Agnes
- Tyler Shamy as Clayton
Austin: "This is so exciting! Trish, you're the best manager ever!"
Austin and Ally: doing the handshake "What up?!"
Dez:"Dude, that's our thing!"
Austin: "Sorry Dez, I just got excited."
Austin and Dez: Doing the handshake "What up?"
Dez: "That's better"
Dez:rotating on the speeding chair "Weeee! I love being dizzy! Wait...no, I don't"
Austin: Well, we know who's not getting picked.
Ally: We choose Lucy!
Lucy: Sorry to bother you, but are you Austin Dawson and Ally Moon?
- Radio Disney's N.B.T Season 5 winners, Chloe & Halle Bailey were guest stars in this episode as the previous season's winners.
- The show that Austin and Ally guest mentor on, America's top Talent, is a parody of America's Got Talent.
- The format of America's top Talent is a parody of The Voice since they seem to choose by listening to a person's voice first and then get a look at their looks. Also, they press a button and quickly turn around.
- Costumes & Courage is referenced when Ally reveals to Lucy that Don't Look Down was the song that she performed when she started to break her stage fright.
| To view the Moon Week & Mentors gallery, click here.