|“||Austin Monica Moon, get back here!||”|
“Parents & Punishments”
Season 2, Episode 4
November 4, 2012
OverviewAlly accidentally gives away all of the instruments in Sonic Boom,so Ally,Austin,Trish and Dez decide to host a fundraiser in order to get the money needed to buy the instruments back. However,when Austin gets grounded for bad grades,the gang is left needing a backup plan. Austin ends up sneaking out of the house to perform the fundraiser so as not to let Ally down. However, he eventually gets caught by his parents and is grounded again. Ally also gets in trouble when she gives away all the money she raised and her dad finds the store completely empty.
- Can't Do It Without You (theme song)
- Better Together (acoustic version)
- Heart Beat (acoustic version)
- Ross Lynch as Austin Moon
- Laura Marano as Ally Dawson
- Raini Rodriguez as Trish De La Rosa
- Calum Worthy as Dez
- Andy Milder as Lester Dawson
- Cole Sand as Nelson
- Monica Smith as Mrs. Ingram
- Jill Benjamin as Mimi Moon
- John Henson as Mike Moon
- Aubrey K. Miller as Megan Simms
- This episode earned 3.3 million viewers on its premiere night.
- This episode marks the second appearance of Mike and Mimi Moon (first appearance was in Successes & Setbacks).
- This episode marks the second appearance of Megan Simms (first appearance was in Magazines & Made-Up Stuff).
- Due to Austin's parents only donating $100 and then saying that they're having difficulties in business, it's slightly assumed that the Moon's Mattress Kingdom is going through some hardships (buying wise).
- It could be possible that Austin would perform at the fundraiser and get grounded when he came back home.
- While the gang is saying their grades on the test, they went from greatest to least:
- Ally: A+
- Trish: B
- Dez: C-
- Austin: D
- After Trish announces her grade, she reveals that she uses a guessing system.
- The episode title refers to Austin's parents grounding him due to his bad grades, and then,hiding Austin from his parents.
- Despite Ally having stage fright, she went on stage and spoke to the audience and the camera numerous times. Nobody was really paying attention when Ally was speaking,she only knew Trish, Dez, and Megan were listening.
- This episode,along with Crybabies & Cologne and Ferris Wheels & Funky Breath, are all tied for least amount of viewers for Season 2 with 3.3 million views.
Nelson: I'll never smile again! [spots Megan] Hubba hubba! Hi, cutie! [coughs and makes his voice sound lower] I'm Nelson, heh heh.
Megan: I'm flattered, but my career comes first.
Trish: Hey, we still have this kazoo.
Dez: Hey guys! You forgot this kazoo! Nelson!
Mike: And it also means no pancakes!
Austin: Whoa whoa whoa: let's not get crazy!
Mimi: Honey, it's for your own good. [turns to Mike and whispers] It's really good
Ally: Dez! Get off the stage!
Dez: But I've waited my whole life-
Ally: [growls] Get off the stage.
- When Austin was watching the fundraiser live, it had sound, but when his parents entered the room and he turned it so the screen was facing down, it had no sound.
- When Austin was performing Heartbeat, Lester and Ally are missing depending on the angle of the camera.
| To view the Parents & Punishments gallery, click here.