|“||There are two Portlands?! Why did they do that?!||”|
“Road Trips & Reunions”
Season 3, Episode 1
October 27, 2013
Road Trips & Reunions is the first episode of Season 3 of Austin & Ally.It first aired on October 27, 2013.This was the 1st episode filmed of season 3. It garnered 3.283 million viewers on the night of its premiere.
After missing most of Austin’s tour to focus on her music career in Miami,Ally longs for her friends and decides to catch Austin’s performance in Portland.Ally barely makes it on time, and is now torn between continuing to work on her own music, or joining her friends for the last leg of Austin’s tour.
The episode starts out with Ally standing behind the counter of Sonic Boom; she is caught by surprise and happiness when she sees Trish and Dez in the doorway. She hugs both of them and tells Trish that, although she has written and completed 6 songs, she has failed to complete other songs. Right when she is about to name the cause, however, Austin calls her name. She says his name in awe; they then run up to each other before hugging and twirling each other. Lester then breaks her out of her trance; she realizes that the Austin she was twirling was really Frank the delivery guy. Lester discusses his concern over Ally's hallucinations -- she dismisses them at first, but then she sees Austin in a Tim's Square Pizza delivery outfit, Austin as one of her students, Austin as an elderly lady and even her own dad -- and Ally sadly agrees.
Meanwhile, Austin is not doing any better -- after finishing up one of his shows, he thinks that he sees Ally and runs up to hug her, but it is really a security guard. Later on, Ally talks to them via mobile devices and, after a bit of coaxing and eloquence, Ally agrees to visit them for the weekend in Portland to watch Austin's next concert. She gets out at the wrong airport, however -- since she goes to Portland, Maine, while Austin and Trish and Dez are in Portland, Oregon -- but manages to raise enough money by performing an acoustic version of The Me That You Don't See.
Meanwhile, when Dez rushes into the bathroom before Austin, Austin sleepily goes to the bathroom at the rest stop. He accidentally goes onto the wrong bus, as Ally, Trish and Dez discover when they try to surprise him with Ally's early arrival. After doing favors for the Buttercups, Lulu lets Austin use his phone, and he arranges to go to Washington and meet up with them. However, he ends up in Washington, D.C., while his friends are in Seattle, Washington. By the time he arrives, he is twenty minutes late for his concert. He gives Ally a big hug, and it takes Trish to break them up and get him performing.
He stops twice -- both times to discuss with Ally how she has to go to a meeting with Ronnie Ramone on Monday -- before Ally finally says that, since Austin is a good influence on her song writing, she can reschedule the meeting so that she can arrive with finished songs. They hug again before Trish reminds Austin that 10,000 fans are waiting for him to perform.
At the end of the episode, Trish, Austin and Dez wake up and open the curtains to Ally's bed -- and promptly discover that Lulu the Buttercup has taken her spot. Meanwhile, Ally finds herself on the same bus as the rest of the Buttercups.
- Can't Do It Without You (theme song)
- Chasin' the Beat of my Heart (premiere)
- The Me That You Don't See (acoustic)
- You Don't See Me (Dez funny cover)
- Living In The Moment (instrumental)
- Ross Lynch as Austin Moon
- Laura Marano as Ally Dawson
- Calum Worthy as Dez
- Raini Rodriguez as Trish De la Rosa
- Molly Jackson as Lulu
- This episode is the Season 3 premiere.
- This episode began filming in July 8, 2013. 
- It is the only new episode to air in October 2013, therefore it's the only episode to premiere during Disney Channel's Monstober.
- It is revealed Austin that put a plane ticket in the card he gave Ally so she can meet them on any part of his tour.
- Both Austin and Ally had hallucinations about each other.
- Ally joins Austin, Trish and Dez on tour.
- There are numerous switches between Team Austin. (Austin and Ally are in different Portlands, Austin gets on the wrong tour bus, Austin and Ally are in different Washington's and Ally gets on the wrong tour bus)
- One of Dez's nicknames for Austin is revealed to be Little Golden Toes.
- Ally had to raise her own money because her dad's "emergency funds" were 5 bucks and a coupon for a free car wash (which was expired)
- Dez made a parody of "You don't see me" sung by Ally.
- This episode is the second to prove how bad Austin is at Geography, the first being Tunes & Trials where he did not know there was a North Dakota and a West Virginia
- Austin as Nelson says,"I'm hear for my sousaphone lesson", but he is holding a trombone.
Trish: Nobody's seen him. I've looked everywhere. He's not here.
Ally: So he just left his phone on the bus and disappeared?
Dez: Found 'em
Trish: *phone rings* Ally, where are you?
Ally: I just got off the plane. Where are you guys?
Ally: I finally realized why I've had so much trouble finishing songs. I need someone to bounce my ideas off of. I need inspiration. I need you.
Austin: That means a lot. I'm gonna miss you.
Ally: I don't see him.
Trish: You don't think he missed his flight?
Dez: Found em
Austin: Ally, I'm only gonna be on tour for a few more days. Maybe it's time for you to use that thing.
Trish and Dez: What thing?
Austin: The thing I put in the card I gave her
| To view the Road Trips & Reunions gallery, click here.
- ↑ "Sunday Cable Ratings: 'The Walking Dead' Wins Night, 'Talking Dead', 'Homeland', 'Boardwalk Empire', 'Witches of East End' & More" by Sara Bibel (TV By the Numbers: October 29th, 2013)
- ↑ Disney Channel October 2013 Programming Highlights (Nick and More; September 26, 2013)
- ↑ 
- ↑ Laura Marano Interview at Monsters University Premiere