|“||Sorry for what? For caring more about yourselves than you do about me?||”|
“Tickets & Trashbags”
Season 1, Episode 6
January 22, 2012
Trish books Austin a gig singing at the Miami Internet Music Awards, but when he is only offered one ticket for a guest, Ally, Trish and Dez vie for his attention in order to claim it. After Austin accidentally says yes to each person, they all get upset with him, leaving Austin wondering if he should just go alone.
Episode SummaryEditTrish gets a job at Megaphone World, but also has exciting news for Austin on a sheet (basically a letter). After accidentally giving him the wrong one, Austin learns that Trish has booked him a gig at the national Miami Internet Music Awards, with famous rapper Shiny Money sampling his song "Double Take", but the catch is that he can go with only one ticket for one extra person. This sends Ally, Trish, and Dez into a competition to win Austin's ticket. Trish's attempt is serving Austin with chocolate-frosted french fries, Dez's attempt is ripping off his pants and handing them to Austin (something he has done numerously in the past), and Ally's attempt is simply talking to him for a long time. After Austin accidentally says yes to each person, they get all upset with him, leading him to decide not to go at all, sacrificing his gig for his own friends. This evokes his friends to angrily believe that he is being selfish and doesn't care about his friends. This sets Austin off and he snaps at his friends, saying that they're acting like "selfish little kids", and ironically enough, he accepts Nelson as his extra friend. At an exclusive room of the show's venue, food is packed on the tables and Nelson helps himself to chocolate-covered hot dogs and covering his forearms with cotton candy.
Left behind, Ally, Trish, and Dez realize what they've done to Austin and plot to make it up to him by sneaking into the award show. Their plan is later executed when they masquerade as background dancers wearing trashbag outfits for Austin and Shiny's performance, but the trash cans they hide in end up being moved onstage. They escape from their cans in the performance, and Ally gets caught and pursued by one of the guards. At the end of the performance, Shiny jumps off of a collection of barrels, hoping to be caught by the fellow dancers (Dez and Trish, in this case), but he is let down and falls directly onto the floor.Austin's friends apologize for ruining the award show for him as an injured Shiny rolls by on a stretcher, angered at Dez and Trish for letting him down and not catching him on his jump. Austin forgives his pals in the end, and the episode concludes back at Sonic Boom. Austin is talking with Dez and eating Pizza, but realizes too late that he had left Nelson behind in the food room at the venue. The final shot shows Nelson still in the room, having a blast with his food.
Nelson : How was that?
Ally: Well, you got all the notes. Just not in the right order or in the right key.
Dez: I've never been good at math, but one ticket times three friends is... carry the 4 -
Trish: It means only one of us gets to go.
Dez: Yeah. I've been there for you through everything. Remember that time at camp when you ripped your pants and I gave you mine?
Austin: Yeah, you went pant less for the rest of summer.
Dez: My first award show. Awesome sauce ! [rips off pants] Here you go, buddy.
Ally: Austin, I'm glad you're here. I just want to let you know, I get what you're going through.
Austin: Really? You're growing hair on your toes, too
Ally: Greaty, great, great. But here's the thing
Austin: Aw. But you said "greaty great great"
Dez: I was this close to rubbing knees with Shiny Money.
Ally: It's elbows. Rubbing elbows.
Dez: Oh. I want to play the finish the sentence game. Say something Trish.
Trish: Dez, you are such an -
Trish: So we're all on the same page?
Dez: Yes. I'll get the penguin, you get the ice, and well all meet at Ally's bathtub.
Austin: I promised all of you you could come with me.
Trish: Why would you do that?
Austin: Chocolate covered hot dogs remind me of Dez.
Stage Manager: Austin Moon, you're on in five.
Trish: If I was thinking about myself, do you think I would wear such a ridiculous outfit?
Dez: Yeah. That purple dress you had on earlier was awful.
Dez: Buddy, if I was wearing real pants, I would totally give them to you right now.
Austin: Yeah, I think we should go back to fist bumping.
Dez: This is way better than any of those real after parties.
Austin: Can you imagine me and Nelson hanging out at that after party?
- Dez's use of a football helmet to play drums isn't such a new idea. Munetaka Higuchi(1958-2009) of the Japanese heavy metal band Loudness wore a bicycle helmet during some concert.
- This episode premiered to 3.0 million viewers.
- Trish was hired and fired from two jobs, Megaphone World and The Dress Hut.
- The Dress Hut is a Parody of Dress Barn.
- The episode title refers to Austin recieving only one ticket for the music awards, and the rest of Team Austin sneaking in, while dressed in trashbags
- This is the 6th episode in total.
- A section of this episode was featured in the A Billion Hits music video.
- Austin says, "I couldn't even decide which shoes to wear this morning!" and you see him wearing one green shoe and one pink shoe. Later on, his shoes were the same color. Although he could of made a desision and put on a green shoe off camera.
- Dez said to meet at Ally's house but he has never been to Ally's house so he could not know where it is. Although she could of told him where she lived off camera.
- When Nelson fell you could here a bunch of things breaking. But when Austin left nothing is broken.
- When the garbage can fell when Ally is in it if you look closely you can see her feet poking out the bottom of the trash can.
- Austin should have been able to buy them tickets because he could pay for the practice room to be remodeled & the piano in Partners & Parachutes.
| To view the Tickets & Trashbags gallery, click here.