|“||Ally, will you make me the happiest man in life skills class, and fake marry me?||”|
"Wedding Bells & Wacky Birds" originally known as "Playing House & Perfume", is the 7th episode in season 4 of Austin & Ally. It was the sixth episode filmed. The episode aired on May 3, 2015. It was watched by 1.95 million viewers on the night of its premiere.
When Austin and Ally are paired together in Home Economy, they get to imagine life together as a married couple. Meanwhile, Trish helps Dez book a job directing a commercial.
Austin & Ally pair up in Home Ec to make a budget for a fake wedding. They decide to dress up as a bride and groom. Ally is called into the studio before the two can begin leaving Austin to do the entire project on his own. Along with this he has a dream about their future and worries that Ally will push him aside.
Meanwhile Trish has booked Dez a directing gig for an Armand Bianchi perfume called "emu", only to find out that the star is his ex-girlfriend Carrie. Dez grows jealous of her hunky co-star and struggles to direct the gig.
When Ally finally returns from the studio Austin has finished the entire project. Ally misreads his wedding invites causing them to fight about their future. Ally finds Austin playing guitar in the music factory and apologizes. She says they have been many things over the years but they have always been great partners. To make it up to Austin, Ally decides to stay up all night and make a 6 layer white chocolate wedding cake.
Trish finds out that Dez and Carrie never actually broke up with each other, meaning they are still a couple. The couple were at a restaurant, and Carrie was grossed out by the waiter's offer of a date (the fruit), which he misinterpreted as her rejecting him. Meanwhile, he said they were done with their dinner, which she misconstrued as him being done with their relationship. The two reconcile and get back together officially.
Ally pulls off making the cake but on the way to school keeps losing layers. When she finally gets to school Dez opens the door on her, smashing what was left in the cake all over her and her dress. Austin is delighted she actually make the cake, but is more than happy that she actually showed up. He takes a piece of the cake and smudges it on her nose, which leads her to cover his face with the remaining cake. The two then share a kiss, which is also their fifth kiss.
The episode ends with the commercial Dez directed. The star is still Carrie except the co-star is now Dez. Trish, who is sitting next to the director, finds the commercial far too creepy.
Austin: (holding Ally's hand, laughing) Ally, will you make me the happiest man in life skills class and fake marry me?
Ally: (smiles) I do!
- Can't Do It Without You (theme song)
- Ross Lynch as Austin Moon
- Laura Marano as Ally Dawson
- Raini Rodriguez as Trish De la Rosa
- Calum Worthy as Dez Wade
- Carla Delaney as Mrs. Towsend
- Hannah Kat Jones as Carrie
- Harry Van Gorkum as Armand Bianchi
- Christian Gehring as Landon
- Previously titled "Playing House & Perfume".
- The cast had the table read of this episode on December 1, 2014.
- This episode began filming on December 4, 2014.
- Austin and Ally get "fake married" in this episode.
- Following the episode's U.S. television premiere, the full episode was uploaded on YouTube and generated over 3 million views in the following 5 weeks. By the end of June, the videos were taken down by Disney.
- The wedding cake figurines weren't supposed to lose an arm during one of the accidents on the way to school.
- Austin and Ally share their fifth kiss, which was Auslly's first double kiss (sort of).
- We find out that Dez and Carrie never actually broke up, that was just a disagreement, so they "got back together".
- This is the fourth time that we see an Austin's dream.
- This episode was Carrie's first appearance on Season 4.
- In this episode we find out that Austin and Ally are paired together in Home Economy.
- In this episode, Home Economy teacher, Mrs.Towsend, was introduced.
- Ally mentioned the Auslly history (referring to Partners & Parachutes, and Couples & Careers).
- The 'Auslly Arc' continues in this episode (fourteenth part).
- This is the only episode to be aired in May.
- Options for Home Economy budget presentation were:
- Baby Shower
- Bar Mitzvah
- Buying a house
- Even though it was just Austin's dream, he told Ally on video chat that she missed the birth of their children, but even in a dream that could not be even possible as she would have given birth to them.