|“||Dallas, you're fired! Pack up your stuff and get outta my face!||”|
OverviewAlly accidentally hires her crush, Dallas, to work at Sonic Boom. When he turns out to be a horrible employee, Ally hesitates to fire him, fearing it might ruin her chances of him liking her. Meanwhile, Austin and Dez compete to see who can spin a basketball on their finger the longest, granting them a spot in a world record book.
To be added
Ally: Am I dreaming, or are you guys reading... a book?
Austin: It's the book of world records! Me and Dez are gonna set a world record!
Trish: You should go talk to him.
Ally: It's not that easy.
Dallas: Really? You'd mow my lawn for me?
Ally: Yup, that's what I heard myself say.
Trish: How'd it go?
Ally: Great! Can anybody teach me how to mow a lawn?
Trish: I can't believe you mowed every lawn on Dallas's block!
Ally: After I mowed his lawn, it just looked so much better than all the other lawns. I felt bad for them.
Trish: What's all this stuff?
Ally: That's our inventory for the entire year. My dad orders everything at once so he can save, like, 4 dollars.
Lester: Ooh, Ally! I need you to carry these boxes upstairs for me. You know I have a bad back.
Ally: There's a lot of boxes. Can't we, maybe, hire someone to help
Austin: Check it out! Me and Dez are going to set the world record for spinning a basketball on our finger.
Dez: The old record is 22 hours and 12 minutes. We are going to demolish it.
Trish: What are you, going to do about your dad?
Ally: I'm just going to tell him the truth.
Austin: In less than 24 hours, one of us will hold the world record for spinning a basketball.
Dez: And by 'one of us', he means me.
Austin: These official record book officials will be officially recording our official times. Officially.
Dallas: You sure you're not upset I sold that 500 dollar guitar for 50 dollars?
Ally: Oh, that's okay. You didn't see the extra zero on the price tag.
Dallas: So what can I do now?
Ally: I need you to... take all these picks out of the jar, separate them by color and then mix them back up again and put them back in the jar.
Ally: I couldn't fire Dallas. I tried, but then he started talking about how much he likes hanging out with me, and I ended up giving him a raise.
Trish: I like hanging out with you.
Dallas: I wasn't the best employee. I just, I get so, nervous when I'm around you, sometimes.
Ally: You get nervous around me? Around nervous I get you. See?
Trish: Well, on a more important note, guess who kept her job at the cellphone cart for three whole days?
Ally: Not you it's only been two days.
- Can't Do It Without You (theme song)
- Ross Lynch as Austin Moon
- Laura Marano as Ally Dawson
- Raini Rodriguez as Trish De La Rosa
- Calum Worthy as Dez Wade
- This was one of the episodes where Austin & Ally had little interaction/storyline together at all.
- This episode is Dallas's last appearance.
- Trish is hired at the cellphone accessory cart after Dallas quit.
- Trish takes over Dallas' job at the cellphone accessory cart only to prove a point.
- In this episode, it is mentioned that Trish has had 307 jobs already.
- This episode title refers to Austin and Dez attempting to break the world record for spinning a basketball on their fingers, and Dallas being a horrible employee and wrecking Sonic Boom.
- This is the second time someone has pretended to be Dallas, the first time was in Club Owners & Quinceaneras.
- This could be thought of as one of the mainly friendship episodes, focusing on the two big friendship pairings: Trally and Daustin.
- As of this episode, Dallas no longer works at the cellphone accessory cart.
- At one point, Austin is wearing a similar top to the one he was wearing at the beginning of Deejays and Demos.
- Eye of the Tiger by Survivor is playing when Dez and Austin start getting competitive at spinning the balls on their fingers.
- The title of this episode is very similar to the title of the episode Records & Wrecking Balls as they both contain the words "records" and "wreck."
- When Austin told Dez he had his eyes open for 8 seconds, it was really around 14 seconds.
To view the World Records & Work Wreckers transcript, click here.