"You Don't See Me" is a pop/semi/blues slow song written and sung by Ally Dawson. Ally wrote this song after Dez made her feel self-conscious about being overlooked as Austin's songwriter, though she claims she wrote it just for fun. However, Austin really appreciates her and likes her creativity, and we later learn just how much he appreciates her in the episode. Austin takes the song and puts it on the radio for everyone to hear, which comes as a pleasant surprise to Ally until she learns that she must go on a radio interview with Austin because of it. Team Austin ends up pretending that Trish is Ally, and have Ally feed her answers to the interview through a little chip. Ally loses the channel though and Trish ends up lip-syncing the Weather, Opera Music and more!
I'm the girl in the corner of the room
The one you never notice
Getting lost among the stars in the sky
Like a picture out of focus
I'm the sun in your eyes
Yet you don't see me
I wear no disguise
But you don't see me
I'm a total surprise
And you don't see me
I'm so agonized
That you don't see me
You don't see me
You don't see me
- This was sung by Ally Dawson in the episode Deejays & Demos.
- This is the first song sung exclusively by Ally in the series. Second was when she sang a duet with Austin called Don't Look Down in Costumes & Courage, under disguise as "Taylor Swift".
- Unlike most songs on the show, nobody was given any credit for it. The song was written by the Austin & Ally writers and producers.
- This song is sung twice throughout the episode.
- Trish lip-syncs this song.
- This song (along with The Butterfly Song and Trash Talka) was not featured on the Austin & Ally Soundtrack.
- This is the second time Austin watches when Ally sings a song on the piano. First was in Rockers & Writers where she was singing Double Take and Austin was eavesdropping.
- Dez references this song in Road Trips & Reunions when Him, Trish and Austin are in different airports. But he sings an airport version of the song.
| To view the You Don't See Me gallery, click here.