You Wish You Were Me is a song featured in What Ifs & Where's Austin. It is the second song to be featured in Season 3 and is performed by Raini Rodriguez as Trish. The song is a rewrite and parody of Finally Me, which was written by Laura Marano, Matthew Tishler and Ben Charles and was performed by Marano as Ally Dawson in the season two episode Tracks & Troubles.
I'm so much better than you
I'm a ten, you're a two
I'm a queen, you're a fool
I'm a throne, you're a stool
You'll never be this cool
I sing to you on the stage
I'm at the top of my game
I'm a star and you're lame
I am cash, you are change
You'll never have my fame
You wish you were me
Got everything you need
Got no time for jealousy
Yeah, you wish you were me
- This is the second song Trish has performed on the show by herself, and the first was the slower version of Double Take.
- This is the second song of Season 3.
- This song is a parody of Finally Me.
- Trish sings about how everyone wishes they were her, since she says she has everything.
- Trish writes the lyrics of the song to replace the ones Ally originally wrote as Finally Me.
- This song is what makes Trish lose her fame in the imagination sequence, in the episode What Ifs & Where's Austin.
- This parody is very "Trish", because in the other episodes, Trish always dreams to be the queen of everything.